I need to write a solo for a song and i just need some good riffs and i was hoping someone could help me find some or just show me some.
Thanks
Why are you "writing" a song if you can't actually do it?..
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Well i want it to be a good song so i dont want to tack on any old ****ty solo i want it to be something good... and if you arent goin to help why did you reply????
um, improv from the blues scale (assuming this is a rock song), or play a variation of the melody, that usually works well, just make it different enough from the melody to be interesting
Quote by guitarmasa90
I need to write a solo for a song and i just need some good riffs and i was hoping someone could help me find some or just show me some.
Thanks

If you're writing a solo why do you need ideas for riffs to play? Do you want us to write a song for you so can solo over it or do you want ideas for phrases you can incorporate into the solo for a song you've already written? It sounds like you need to increase your musical vocabulary (there's probably a better word for it) before you start writing a solo. You should learn solos by your favorite guitarists and look at what ideas they continually return to eg. scale fragments, unison bends and other bending patterns, arpeggios, WHATEVER!