Page 1 of 2
Some very good music from Romania.........they describe themselves as "black/ambient/folk."

Negura Bunget

Listen to "Worldless Knowledge" first.
Thats Good Shit Dawg.

Aaiiiiii.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
oh yeah...

whats better, the original negura bunget releases or the remasters?
Quote by mydadisjewish
ima bring this thread back. just found these guys today, class A stuff

it kinda reminds me of drudkh

Mmm, but kinda more atmospheric, and less Burzum, if you ask me.

The little I've heard from this band (first album and a bunch of Om) is absolutely great, will be awesome to listen to in the winter, need to listen to more (have their last two albums) As for 'N Crugu Bradului, apperantly each song represents a season. Anyone know which song represents which season?
Revived.
Quote by BrofUJu
As for 'N Crugu Bradului, apperantly each song represents a season. Anyone know which song represents which season?

I think it's I - Winter, II - Spring, III - Summer, IV - Autumn. That's what the lyrics kind of describe, although for the spring and autumn I'm not exactly sure since there's nothing that necessarily indicates the lyrics are about those seasons.
They're my favourite Romanian band, not that there's a lot of Romanian heavy metal, but they still kick ass.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 5, 2007,
True ambience. Negura Bunget - Norilor killer video clip. Although I'm unsure of the significance of the wheat field at the end? Mans mastery of the land? anyway, simply awsome band.
Just got into this band recently. Om is some seriously good atmospheric ****.
I maintain my statement, I still don't find anything special in this band.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Om is a good album.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I've got Om as well. I'd probably agree that it's slightly better, but both albums are pwnage.
Big bump.

'n Crugu Bradului is a pretty damn good album, and I'm giving Om a second spin right now, I like it just as much, if not more, already. How does their early stuff compare, anyone know?
lol can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Excellent band

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Broadsword
Big bump.

'n Crugu Bradului is a pretty damn good album, and I'm giving Om a second spin right now, I like it just as much, if not more, already. How does their early stuff compare, anyone know?

Their earlier stuff is more straightforward black metal. Maiastru Sfetnic is still decent but their first few releases never really clicked with me. 'n Crugu Bradului and Om are still their best albums I think, especially Om, listening to that album is like a spiritual experience. Songs like Hora Soarelui have amazing melodies.
^yeah, I agree; I feel they're coming into their proper element just now. Though their early stuff contains some peculiar things; and the musicianship on those albums is just as good, but expressed differently

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Alright, thanks you two.

I have to give a mention to the bass work on the albums, outstanding stuff.
Om is still as good now as it was in 06. I'm calling it the best ambient folk/black metal album ever. Better then anything by Drudkh, Moonsorrow, Nocturnal Mortem, Burzum, Summoning, etc...
Quote by Broadsword
Alright, thanks you two.

I have to give a mention to the bass work on the albums, outstanding stuff.

yeah, good point; there's lots of interesting bass playing on that album, one of the more unique styles within black metal.

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Probably the best band Romania has ever produced, despite the fact that most Romanians consider you insane if you listen to them.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
yeah, good point; there's lots of interesting bass playing on that album, one of the more unique styles within black metal.

Definitely, it adds so much to the atmosphere, especially during the slower and ambient parts. The bass just sounds fecking evil in some instances.

Om is rapidly become a favorite album of mine. It's not the type of BM I'd usually listen to, but damn.
I was just talking to someone about these guys the other day in a metal bar I know.

He said they're playing here in a few months, I might check them out, they seem fairly good, but not amazing.

Seeing them live will make or break it for me, more than likely.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
^ Geasa are supporting, Fibbers 18th of October I think is the date.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Page 1 of 2