I'm looking for a half-stack, can you plese recommend me a head and cab.

I play alot of melodic death metal, technical death metal, regular death metal, and a bit of thrash.

I'm planning to save up and go all out so no price range.

thanks
Line 6 HD-147, Engl (any engl is the sex of high gain tube amps), Mesa Boogie:rectifier, nomad, mark, for a straightfoward one F series, Framus, and you can't forget about Krank.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
You'll deffinately want an amp with a darker voicing for those styles. Really high-end stuff to check out would be the Bogner Ecstacy, Bogner Uberschall, Framus Cobra, Madison Divinity, and possibley a Mesa Rectifier. If you want to spend a little less, the Peavey 6505+ is an awesome amp for metal. It costs about half as much as the others, and delivers some great metal tones.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
The Bogner Ecstacy isn't really high gain. Its more of a versatile Marshall/Fender voiced amp (though I've heard about many people not being pleased with them)
Try Krank Revolution.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Mesa boogie Dual Rectifier if your in the states. If your in the Uk you may want a Engl. (not sure which pm Dave_MC)
ENGL Powerball = king of high gain.

Pair it with either a traditional sized cab OR an oversized cab depending on your tastes. It will kick you in the face either way.
can the powerball produce a dark tone, I don't need it to be really dark but just a little bit dark?
Quote by Unledded
can the powerball produce a dark tone, I don't need it to be really dark but just a little bit dark?

can I have some opinions from people who actually own or are really knowledgeable about the powerball?

thanks
^ I think xxgenocide98xx has a powerball, he should be able to answer any of your questions about it
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Laney GH50L/GH100L/GH100Ti, VH100R.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
laney gh/vh or engl fireball/powerball
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
The Powerball doesn't have a dark voicing, it is a very bright amp. Although, it's high-gain tones are awesome, and it is very versatile.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
You could stick an EQ in your with your pedals and adjust it to try an make it sound darker.
^ you'd need to wait for an invader, though, i don't think it's out till summer...

could you give us a couple of bands whose tones you like? and keep them pretty mainstream? i don't really listen to any death metal...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Unledded

Powerballs are bright.

Get an EQ and it will sound darker. Switching the gain style (from focused to Open) makes it sound more 'rectified' which people often associate with 'dark' style gains.
^ yeah, we know, lol. We assumed that when you said metal. all the amps recommended have been high gain.

could you give us a few examples of tones you like? specific songs, preferably with links? or bands?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

could you give us a few examples of tones you like? specific songs, preferably with links? or bands?

for my dark tones I like Amon Amarth's tone, ex. Amon Amarth's tone

for my bright tones I like Kalmah's, ex. Kalmah's tone
^ ah, ok. Thanks.

For the dark, I'd be looking at the peavey 5150/6505, or maybe a diezel vh4/herbert if you have the cash. A recto might do it too.

For the bright, yeah, engl. probably powerball.

I'd probably go with a powerball and an eq. As geno says, you can make the engl dark. And it's a lot more versatile than a 5150.

Of course, it depends on how much cash you're willing to spend.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ ah, ok. Thanks.

For the dark, I'd be looking at the peavey 5150/6505, or maybe a diezel vh4/herbert if you have the cash. A recto might do it too.

For the bright, yeah, engl. probably powerball.

I'd probably go with a powerball and an eq. As geno says, you can make the engl dark. And it's a lot more versatile than a 5150.

Of course, it depends on how much cash you're willing to spend.

I wouldn't reccomend the VH-4 or Herbert to anyone. The herbert was nice, but too ****in expensive.

If you want an expensive amp that can do it all get an ENGL SE.

For metal tones you can't beat ENGL. Period. Ever. You could build one massively great pedalboard for the price difference between a Powerball and a Herbert. Enough to give you any tone you could possibly dream of.

Its honestly starting to get annoying people playing around with the whole dark/bright gain blahblahblahblahblah. I'd honestly say if you can't find out what amp you want for yourself you shouldn't be looking too much to begin with.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
I wouldn't reccomend the VH-4 or Herbert to anyone. The herbert was nice, but too ****in expensive.

If you want an expensive amp that can do it all get an ENGL SE.

For metal tones you can't beat ENGL. Period. Ever. You could build one massively great pedalboard for the price difference between a Powerball and a Herbert. Enough to give you any tone you could possibly dream of.

Its honestly starting to get annoying people playing around with the whole dark/bright gain blahblahblahblahblah. I'd honestly say if you can't find out what amp you want for yourself you shouldn't be looking too much to begin with.

agreed, pretty much.

But diezel aren't as dear here as in the states. (he might be in the states though- and if he is, for $4000 or whatever they are, he could pretty much get two great amps).

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?