Page 1 of 3
eyy fellas. im a noob to punk, i use to listen to led zeppelin and hendrix and all them. can you suggest some good punk bands for me please?
....and yes, i already know fall out boy are sh**
the dead kennedies, the clash, the misfits, the ramones (if you consider that punk), sex pistols, minor threat, black flag, anti-flag, the germs, the addicts
lets see Rancid and The Dead Kennedys are my favorite
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

some guy today was all like, " ahah dude likez OMG you wanna see ma HUGE SAUSAGGE??? likez ZOMG its tEH biggest EVER! " And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
This is why we need a reccomendation thread. Try sampling some bands from the stickied list. For now, try...

Agent Orange
The Big Boys
Black Flag
The Circle Jerks
Minutemen
X
T.S.O.L.
everyone who posted infornt of me is retarded except opivy.

if you like rock n roll you like annihilation time.

Myspace.com/annihilationtime
yer, i saw the living end live last saterday, i beat up a 40 year old man in the bash circle. great concert.
A circle pit isn't technically a circle pit unless it has a fixed radius. Otherwise, it is an elipsis pit.

...On topic, listen to The Epoxies.
and im 13, so that an acomplishment. i got a silverstein/i killed the prom queen/the getaway plan concert this sunday, should be fun.
well whitch punk bands are around now, i like going to live shows (keep in mind i live in melbourne, australia)
I recommend baroness, long dran out crust that has weird led zep riffs.They even cover the ocean.
its a global massacre
Quote by planetary ruins
I recommend baroness, long dran out crust that has weird led zep riffs.They even cover the ocean.

baroness is good.
Absolutely necessary:

Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, the Germs, Circle Jerks, Dead Kennedys, the Adolescents, MDC, the Misfits, X, FEAR, the Adverts, the Buzzcocks, the Damned, the Dead Boys, the Ramones, the Clash, etc. etc. etc.
There is a thread with tons of bands on them.. and also a recomendation thread.

But bands that are still around and tour:

The Adolescents
The Germs (without Darby)
Bad Relgion (ehh, they kinda suck but whatever)
The Misfits (also pretty ****ty now)

And that's all I can think of.. yeah, check out the Recomendation thread.
Sham 69
CockSparrer
Slaughter and the Dogs
Black Flag
Reagan Youth

for newer bands check out Angel City Outcasts
DEfinitly Op IVY and the casualties, crimpshrine, isocracy, screeching weasel(kinda has an annoying vocalist), rancid(who cares about indestructible its not changin their other albums so quit complaining), the lookouts, the adicts, the clash, antiflag, and common rider ( maybe the specials for a more ska feel)
Check out a band called 'Strung Out' , they are awesome live, and are coming to australia. They play in melbourne on the 18th of july.
I dont know if im a playa, ask one of my girlfriends...
Quote by spiderfizz
and im 13, so that an acomplishment. i got a silverstein/i killed the prom queen/the getaway plan concert this sunday, should be fun.

I could've musically killed you when I was 13....
but that wasn't too long ago...

so maybe I should shut up.
if you live in melbourne check out charter 77 their really good
Have you realised that Rock Stars
Always seem to lie so much
Some will always tell you that they care,
But they don't really give a fuk.
Quote by waterproofpie
I could've musically killed you when I was 13....
but that wasn't too long ago...

so maybe I should shut up.

Lol@jailbait.
Anti-Flag
NOFX
Rancid
Operation Ivy
None More Black
Bad Religion
Minutemen
Husker Du
Against Me!
Minor Threat
Black Flag
Circle Jerks
Necros
Kid Dynamite
Bad Brains
Leftover Crack
Choking Victim
D.O.A.

take your pick. some of them you might not like at first, but once you work your way up the line of punk bands, from poppier stuff like Anti-Flag and NOFX, you'll probably find you'll enjoy better stuff later like Minor Threat and Black Flag
Knugen Faller and Pinhead Gunpowder.

Rancid can lick my balls
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Page 1 of 3