I'm thinking of getting a new guitar sometime in the next year or so...just looking ahead.
I play alot of stuff, but this will be a guitar for playing metal. These are what i was thinking of:
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Jackson DKM2 Dinky
Jackson DKMG
Ibanez 1527- (i would have to have alot more money...)
really want a 7 string also, but no Schecters (want a tremolo)if anyone has any suggestions.

don't want to spend too much more than $500-600.
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
I got a jackson Dk2ff (flame inlay).... Great guitar, but i would have spent that extra couple of bucks and gotten a mad ibanez if i were to reflect. But an MG sounds like a better choice for metal, gotta have that killer smooth neck humbucking for them sweeping arpeggios WAH-HOO! Don't buy a fu..cking 7 string.
Last edited by santhony1987 at May 24, 2006,
Buy a wangcaster, they're great for shred
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
yea i'm really a noob at shredding. basically i know triads, sweep picking and some scales.
whats the downside to 7 strings?
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
Perhaps dimebag will answer this one propperly....

"I don't mean to be a preacher, but i gotta tell it like it is. If you've got a seven-string guitar and you use only the bottom two or three strings, why the hell have a seven-string when you ain't even using six? Why not just use a three- or four-string guitar like Scott Ian (Anthrax) does? Most dudes who use seven-strings sound no different to someone who's playing a six-string tuned down." - Dimebag (taken from Guitar World's Dimebag Darrel's RIFFER MADNESS)

Also, seven string guitars cost a little more than 6 string ones just for the reason of having 1 more string. Fuc.k the stupid 7 idea man, no-one needs that sh.it. Every single one of my guitar hero's ain't famous for playin one, not that i think you just want to get famous but i think you'll progress faster in your playing if don't switch back and forth between each one. And they look fuc.king stupiud anyway.