ok, this may sound quite n00b-ish, but whats the difference between the too, and which one is better?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Solid states use transistors, whereas tube amps use vacuum tubes. Tubes sound better.
When playing a tube amp, it feels much different. Tube amps define every little nuance of your playing, sadly that brings out the sloppiness and usually takes time to get used to it. I just thought i should add that little bit of info.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
thanks^...well if it points out the sloppyness...wouldnt that be better int he long run because it would make you start paracticing cleaner, (unless you like sounding sloppy?)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

They're also a lot more expensive than Solid State amps. Personally, I like my MG just fine. I don't need to drop $1000 on a tube amp the same size.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
They're also a lot more expensive than Solid State amps. Personally, I like my MG just fine. I don't need to drop $1000 on a tube amp the same size.

You have no idea how much better tube amps are. Also you don't need to drop that much more.

Tube amps get TEN times louder than solid states. A 40 Watt Tube amp can get waaaayyyy louder than a 100 watt Solid State.

Just try jacking up the volume of a tube amp they get LOUD. Try one out once you get to guitar center.

I thought my solid state was the s*** until I decided to try a tube amp and got the Fender Deluxe (600$). I am like "Holy crap I sound almost like they do in the song"
I know they're better-I have no doubt about that. I'm satisfied with my solid state for now though. And $600 is a lot. You can get a good solid state for $350 tops.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar