What are the best strat pickups for my Squire Bullet.
I play metal and punk and play through a vox AD50VT.
does your bullet only have a single humbucker, from what ive seen thats what they have i have a seymour duncan invader humbucker in my squier and it is pretty rad
My gear:
Tom Delonge squire strat
fender princeton 650
danelectric p.o.s. peddle
im assuming your squire is routed universally (bath tub stylee) or possibly H S H, i personally wouldnt upgrade yours pickups as its only a squire, its made of bad wood which wont give a terribly great sound
Quote by AmIEvil?
i wouldnt upgrade pickups if my guitar was as bad as squier bullet.

A friend of mine has John Suhr pickups (after I told him to, heh) in his Squier.

The pickups are more expensive than the guitar itself, but it sounds really hot, actually.

What tone are you looking for? How much do you want to spend? Do you want to change them all?
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers, so as long as the instrument itself is in good working order, there's no reason NOT to upgrade pickups if you want to.

For high-quality and affordably-priced pickups, try GFS. http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

I've used many of them, and so far, the descriptions you see on their site have all been accurate.
Quote by RTB_Chris
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers, so as long as the instrument itself is in good working order, there's no reason NOT to upgrade pickups if you want to.

For high-quality and affordably-priced pickups, try GFS. http://store.guitarfetish.com/pickups.html

I've used many of them, and so far, the descriptions you see on their site have all been accurate.

Lol

Sigged
Quote by ACDC4Life
the pickup configuration is three single coils

Take off your pickguard and check if your body is routed for humbuckers. If it is, you would just have to buy a new pickguard to install a humbucker (which is what you need ).

I would still get a new guitar though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
lol squiers arent that bad, i have one and lately ive been using it more than my les paul, as i prefer higher action over lower, and it actually doesnt sound that bad...id say check for a humbucker and look into dimarzio and seymour duncan if your in the us...if your in the uk look for swineheads or bareknuckles pickups
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

any thoughts on a new guitar then anything from 100 to 600?

most likely be a sg or les paul
If it was a affinity strat or one of the others that have a multi peice alder body i would recommend changing pups, But a bullet is made of plywood afaik. You could get new pups if you wanted as you can always swap them into another guitar in the future.