ok at the end of November Rain right before the ending solo slash does some mutes followed by a c5 chord, then more mutes, then c5 again repeat

on the mutes he gets a very CHUNK CHUNK and the C5 chords has the sound of (somewhat) an engine starting.

now when i do it.... i get the sound of a pick going over bunch of strings like like

FLip flip flip followed by a c5 chord (the c5 chord doesnt sound bad, but it doesnt sound like slashes c5)

one theory i have is that im using strings that are 2 thin i use .10s

anything i might be doing wrong?
Last edited by obilisk at May 24, 2006,
im pretty sure slash used to use 10's but he now uses 11's, try to hit the bottom 3 strings, that might help
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
its his amp trust me, but thicker strings do help, but yeah his amp helps the sound alot, muting sounds very bad on a solid state amp imo, but i just got some 12's an they sound alot better muted then the 9s i had
He might be muting right behind the 3rd fret, that seems to be the best way to get a deep chug mute.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Slash is a guitar masterer, he's awexome thats how.
play more so you can get the guitar to do what you want.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.