well im gunn some how convince my frind to sell em his odl presto lonag electric. its got a head stck leika jackson, and the body of a mockingbird kinda. green sunburst, tremolo, h-s-s configuratiom, 24 frets, i think it woudl be an absolute kilelr mod guiatr as my backup, or actualyl could becoem my main guitar. Now, i know alot abotu teh humbucker, so im prolly gunna get a BL 500XL in teh bridge, or a dimebucker but otehr suggestiosn are appreciated as well bu since its a single in teh neck, i dunno what i should get in there. any ideas? aswell any other ideas of what else i coudl do to mod the guiatr and make it even better aside from new pups? the pain on it is kinda scratched and dined up pretty bad so i may give it a new paint jb eventaully...
For the singles, I would suggest SD Hot Rails, or some other single-sized Humbucker.
i like the dimebucker idea but EMGs are always a good idea too. id say get an 81 in the bridge with some other emg singlecoils like an SA or something(dont mix active and passive electronics)...i suppose to make a better choice for you we would need to have a better idea of what kind of music you play and what you'd be using it for. so post that and maybe some pics of the guitar too, just jor sh!ts and giggles.
<JimmyPage5290>
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood, and Trogdor (Custom guitar build)> Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde> DigiTech Distortion Factory> Dimebag CryBaby >Fender Hotrod Deville 212
i play metal, lots of it. i also want good cleans, buti can use my SG for thsoe. im not a big fan of actice pups, im looking for passive but still massive output. keep therepltys coming!
then i say for humbuckers get either the Dimebucker or the DiMarzio DP102 X2N. for the singlecoils spots i say choose between the Seymour Duncan SHR-1 Hot Rail, the Seymour Duncan SVR-1 Vintage Rails, the Seymour Duncan Little 59er, the Seymour Duncan Lil Screamin Demon or the DiMarzio DP181 Fast Track 1 Pickup. i personally like the Dimebucker in the bridge, the Fasttrack in the middle and the Screamin Demon in the neck. thats two humbucks with a single coil in the middle. the s-coil can clean up nicer than the others but still bite when you want it to. it would actually be a pretty sick setup, especially with a 5way selector switch. Checkout the p-ups i mentioned at musiciansfriend.com post pics of the guitar if you want anyother suggestions- plus id just like to see it, it sound pretty cool.
<JimmyPage5290>
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood, and Trogdor (Custom guitar build)> Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde> DigiTech Distortion Factory> Dimebag CryBaby >Fender Hotrod Deville 212