i'm not sure if this thread should go in EG or guitar gear

anyway, if i wanted to boost my solos and leads, would i want an EQ pedal or an overdrive?

note: my amp is a Crate XT65R and it already has high gain.
an eq would help you cut through the mix, by say adding mids, whereas a od would make your sound louder and more distorted. i'd say if you have a bit of money then invest in a decent volume pedal and a eq. boost those mids!
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Ive been told if you were planning on doing lead the whole song, just stay with an O/D pedal, but if you just say want to boost for solos, then an EQ pedal
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
www.gak.co.uk theres a EQ pedal on there for 15 gbp i have and its great!
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
i hear the boss ge-7 is really noisy, but if i got a noise gate, would it still be noisy?
Quote by The 1
i hear the boss ge-7 is really noisy, but if i got a noise gate, would it still be noisy?

A good EQ would cost the same as that one and a noise gate, I've heard great things about the MXR 10 band.
the thing is the mxr needs to be powered by a 18v adapter, and i want to be able to power all pedals with 1 power adapter, such as the Visual sound 1 spot. The 1 spot is supposed to be able to power up to 5 9v pedals, but does anyone know if it would be aple to power a 18v?