I recently drew up plans for a Randy Rhodes type body style of guitar, though it is significantly smaller. In any case I got routing for a floyd rose and found that in order to fit it was to hang over the back end of the guitar slightly. Would i be able to do that if i actually made the guitar, or should i rethink my planning?
Last edited by BigCore1990 at May 25, 2006,
Your body is really small tehn. If you look at any jackson RR they don't go off hte edge,
Unless you made the angle too acute, your body is probably small.
I know its small...as i stated in my first response...i just want to know if itll work
Yeah, it should.

Yeah, I jsut read over it again, the wording just confused me.
i don't see why it couldn't work. because most floyd roses just have the body hollowed out near the end so they can bend to a higher pitch. just be careful you don't go too high. i'd like to see some pics posted...it'd kinda help. cheers.
The Adults Are Talking.
-The first picture would be an example of a Jackson RR with floyd rose cavity-

-The second picture would be an example of my custom guitar with floyd rose cavity-

*Note* These drawings were not made to scale and would not be used to actually build a guitar, they are for example purposes only
Attachments:
Ex. 1.JPG
Ex. 2.JPG
lol looks just like a RR style with a few cuts in it, cool design, prolly a lil small for my liking but good luck with the build...and yea it should work well enuf to be considered a sweet guitar
yeahh, i modeled it off the RR, the actually blueprints are a little different cuz its hard to get it exact with paint
If the cavity itself hangs off the edge, then you'll have a big gaping hole at the bottom of your guitar, but if its just the end of the bridge that hangs over (not the cavity itself) then it'll be OK.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
no its just the edge, by the edge of the fine tuners, and its only a very little portion, the picture doesnt do a justice
Last edited by BigCore1990 at May 25, 2006,
If it's just the body of the tremolo top, then it should be no problem at all (I can't think of any anyway). If you're unsure, make a practice section of that part of the body and rout out the cavity etc.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.