what does botique mean and what does class A and class AB mean?
class a and class ab is a definition of how much power your amp uses as compared to how many watts it is or somthing like that, a means that it uses the full wattage and ab means it uses more than half,
atleast that is what i think it means
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
oh yeah and the classes go all the way down to t! i know that for sure
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
Botique amps are amps that are generally made in small numbers by either one person or a small group of people. They are generally simple in design and operation and are marketed at studio musicians looking for good recording amps or for a gigging musician who wants that certain tone and has the money to pay for it. Most boutique amps are generally rather expensive.
The term botique is usually associated with products that are of the highest quality.

Typically, a botique amp ranges from $1500 to $15000. Only joking, although there are some amps which are that expensive. . . But realistically, expect to pay at least $1500 for a botique amp.

Examples of botique amps are companies like Soldano, Demeter, ENGL, Framus, Boogie, CAE, Bogner. . . the list goes on.

Class A runs all the tubes at full power all the time.
But technically a boutique amp is one that is purchased from a boutique (A small business offering specialized products and services - dictionary.com)...but often people use it in a different sense as mascot explained...

With the class A - AB thing, Ben is almost completely wrong...http://www.mesaboogie.com/US/Smith/founder_s_articles.htm there's an article there that explains what class A actually means compared to what many people think it means - it's a bit hard going, but interesting

EDIT: Mascot used it in the same sense as me...oh well, yeah - what he said
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Quote by benEboy2008
class a and class ab is a definition of how much power your amp uses as compared to how many watts it is or somthing like that, a means that it uses the full wattage and ab means it uses more than half,
atleast that is what i think it means

hey dude im gonna get a valve king, ur post says u have one , whats it like ?
^Dude, try before you buy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^yea, i tried the valve king...not a fan at all.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com