now, i mainly play in my room, but kind of loud. i have a 65 watt peavey and i know i dont need it. would you suggest keeping this amp or getting a less wattage. or if i should get a small tube? i dont know what to do b/c i play on level 1 with my amp and feel i could gain some money by selling it and getting a small practice amp. any suggestions? oh and i play metal mostly, and want a good clear tone for soloing.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
In a bedroom, 5 watts tube can reach deafening volume. I think Epi makes a 5 watt tube amp. You'd need a pedal for metal tones, of course, but it'll sound better than a 65 watt Peavey played at low volumes.
Hi, I'm Peter
thanks. but i forgot to write that i want something that i have some control over, the epi just has a volume knob. and also i want something that will last me until i start some gigs within maybe 3 or 4 years. i dont wanna have to return it just to upgrade everytime i need something louder. i dont really believe that 5 watts of tube even will be heard over a drummer. any more suggestions? maybe like a low wattage(not like 5) tube head.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Well, you can get heard over a drummer with a 15-20 watt tube amp. A head is overkill, and won't translate well at all to a bedroom setting unless you buy an attenuator also (even then it will be loud). What's your price range?
Hi, I'm Peter
well i was planning on selling my current amp. i bought it for 250 new. ive had it maybe 3 or so months and its never been above 6 on the volume. (i was in a band and highest was 6). it basically brand new. i think i could get like 200 or so? and i will be getting a job soon, so when the time is right ill probably have about 400. but then the parents always chip in. like 500 or so.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
My 15watt SOLID STATE can be heard over drums easily(by easily I mean even at
80 % max volume)
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
what??? i must be deaf. i could barely my 65 watt at 60% over my drummer. but ppl say that when youre playing you hear everyone but yourself, idk if its true.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
anyway im going but i will check the thread tomorrow

thanks to all who helped

peace
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by xsynysterx06
what??? i must be deaf. i could barely my 65 watt at 60% over my drummer. but ppl say that when youre playing you hear everyone but yourself, idk if its true.

Some people... Definitaly true.
-JP
Quote by xsynysterx06

Its a vox ad15vt. It rocks the hell out of my bedroom at 25% volume. Go for tube. Im just saying that mine gets really loud. And I heard the epiphone valve junior gets pretty loud too. I dont know if im allowed to post links to other forums. PM if you want a link to a giant discussion about the epiphone valve junior.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Quote by xsynysterx06

Yea its true. When I am at practice, I can never hear my amp, but everone is telling me to turn down.

20w tube should be good. Maybe even a little more if you can afford. Look at Traynors and Fender Hot Rod Devilles
sooo u guys think that 50 watts all valve is too much for practice and some jamming sessions ?

even if u like it loud (not too loud)

replyes plz
^Depends how loud the sessions are, but you probably won't get the power valves to break up, which is what people usually want, so if you want the natural breakup, buy a lower wattage combo with less headroom, but if you want it to stay clean, higher wattage amps are better (but it's not always wattage, it's speakers etc)
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Depends how loud the sessions are, but you probably won't get the power valves to break up, which is what people usually want, so if you want the natural breakup, buy a lower wattage combo with less headroom, but if you want it to stay clean, higher wattage amps are better (but it's not always wattage, it's speakers etc)

what would be a good example of good valve combo with good valve distortion thats not uber loud for like £350
Hmm, maybe a Laney LC-30? I've not tried one personally, but I've heard a few people play through them, sounded nice, try one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by The Iron Man
Its a vox ad15vt. It rocks the hell out of my bedroom at 25% volume. Go for tube. Im just saying that mine gets really loud. And I heard the epiphone valve junior gets pretty loud too. I dont know if im allowed to post links to other forums. PM if you want a link to a giant discussion about the epiphone valve junior.

You are allowed to post links about something like this.