allrighty, having some better recordings up and going... and the inevitable release of our new cd, we wanted some feedback/opinions on our music

We sound like a more mainstream version of Dream Theater and Symphony X combined together [prog rock/metal basically]

www.myspace.com/illusionsequence <== tell me what you think

we're based in cleveland btw, and if anyone is interested we're playing our cd release concert this saturday [ the 27th] at peabody's

enjoy!
Last edited by hessm at May 26, 2006,
its pretty good but i dont like some of the vocals. the vocals themselves are good, but at some parts they sound .. i dunno... like the verses to "other side of tomorrow". the vocals are a bit wierd there for me.

but very good instruments.
yeah kept it very intresting throughout the song good job guys, very well planned out, instruments and vocals were sharp!

10/10!!
Listening to "Dark side of Tomorrow"....sounds like a slow Dragonforce at the beginning, good guitars, you definately know how to play your instruments.....vocals are good, very atmospheric piece, drums are nice aswell, I like the bit before the chorus, it sond really tight and strong....a new part comes in after the second chorus with some palm muting and then some lead guitar, it sounds good....another new part, with a sort of galloping rhythm to the drums...nice aswell, more lead guitar, maybe some harmonising would nice if it's possible, well constructed solo, ooh a slow bit, nice dynamic change, good tones on your guitar....sounds a it strange going back to the corus, but once your into it it sounds good.....nice ending....well done, keep it up....

If you could give mine a listen...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5671195#post5671195
I like what you guys have done. Sounds pretty sweet, I also enjoyed your little write up about pisshand and the fat kid, etc hahah
Sounds freaking awesome.

Only two things I could think of is making the vocals and guitars more raunchy.

But that's just me.

8/10
wow thats pretty awesome,

you guys sound alot like symphony x, but not as high vocals tho, and not as sweet ass guitar/bass stuff going on. BUt very good instrumentals and vocals, pretty good overall. i like it. the vocals are good, but they could be much better.

edit: just listened to the acoustic song Aftermath. The lady vocalist is ****ing amazing.
Last edited by pinholes89 at Jun 16, 2006,
Quote by pinholes89
wow thats pretty awesome,

you guys sound alot like symphony x, but not as high vocals tho, and not as sweet ass guitar/bass stuff going on. BUt very good instrumentals and vocals, pretty good overall. i like it. the vocals are good, but they could be much better.

edit: just listened to the acoustic song Aftermath. The lady vocalist is ****ing amazing.

thankyou, she is the newest member of our band, she is being incorporated with A LOT more of our songs as we perform them live and we have gotten a GREAT response

want to know the more amazing part? she just turned 17! and not sure if this is relavent or not, but everyone in the band is in high school, woo for that

everyone in the band is on the same page about the other male vocalist though, we've been working on it

thanks for hte kinds words everyone else as well!