so lately i've been wondering whether i need a new amp or a new guitar. I've only been playing for about 2-3 months and i dont plan on getting something new for a while, but im just sort of thinking about it. As of right now i have a epiphone les paul special II and a line 6 15 amp spider amp. What do you guys think, new guitar or new amp? and which one would you reccomend for a beginner-intermediate player?

keep in mind i dont plan on changing my amp or guitar for a while.

thanks.
"If my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair."
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
oh yeah sorry, my budget would probably be around anything up to around $1500
"If my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair."
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
for 1500 get a decent guitar AND amp (say, Ibanez midrange and i don't know a huge amount about amps but theres bound to be some decent ones for 750ish)
Jesus you have $1500 and you start out with that equipment and i thought i was spoiled! but ugh Les Pauls Great The Amp Made by a great company. your good i wouldnt get either i would get Some Effects or new pickups. if by awhile you mean about 2 years i might suggest a tube amp
^What's your deal?

He's got beginner gear. Nothing surprising.

Anyway, how about an RG1570 and a Traynor YCV50?
if you want to make playin easier, new guitar
better, fuller sound new amp-but yeah its better to spend on amp:guitar in ratio 2:1 so 500/600 on guitr, 1000 on guitar
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join

Originally posted by Danno13
^What's your deal?

He's got beginner gear. Nothing surprising

I think epiphone les pauls go for around $700(unless talking about a cheaper model that i dont know about) plus the about $200 amp. thats a rough estimate at about $900. I Spent Under 200 for my first guitar and amp and is now worried about getting more stuff 2-3 months in. ive played about 1 year and have maybe spent $100 more on guitar stuff than he has for his first setup does that explain me being surpised?
^seconded. get a traynor and a ibanez of some kind. and a pickup swap if you ahve the money. only since i got my dsl did i realise just how bad ibanez pickups are...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
epiphone les paul special II are one of the lowest models ever. they arent expensive

see, i thought he was talking about the Epihone LP standards, or whatever the name is of the $700 one (To me Thats Expensive) and plus he has $1500 to spare. but if it was the $100 one im sorry for my long ranting