Ok, so I'm probably interviewing HelloGoodbye on Sunday at the Garage, and I was wondering if you guys had any good questions you think I should ask? Is anyone else going to that show? They're being supported by a band called Furthest Drive Home who're good and "Forward is Farewell", who I've not heard before.

It should be a fun night! I'm glad I'm getting to see HGB, because I missed them on Monday at TBS because the trains were delayed
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
They're all pretty nice and fun to be with guys. I'd ask something about side-projects because I heard Forrest doing one with his wife or something.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
Where are they playing on Saturday? Apparently they got pelted with coins at the Nottingham TBS gig! I couldn't believe it when I heard that... It's just plain harsh. I tried to find a link online but couldn't find one, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

P.S. I sent you a MySpazz friend request
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at May 25, 2006,
Man, HelloGoodbye were SO FUCKING amazing! I've never been to such a fun gig, seriously. The place was completely packed (even though loads of kids weren't let in because of a lack of ID)... I stage dived twice

The interview was great, they're such legends! I'm listening back to it now, I'll post any good quotes... I bet you can't wait

P.S. Can someone change the title of this thread to just "HelloGoodbye" please?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
ME: So what happened at Nottingham?

FORREST: A couple of kids were throwing... Like... You know over here you guys got the two pence piece, and it's rather big? You know, our money gets smaller as it goes down in value. Well, they were throwing coins at us and they hit me in the face a few times and we had to stop playing. You can't play when you're getting hit in the face with coins.
ME: Yeah, it's one thing to throw beachballs on stage, but coins....
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Does thier lead singer have a lisp? Because I saw them when they won that Mountain Dew thing or whatever, and the singer sure sounded like he had a lisp.
I'm a person.
Haha, nope. He's pretty lisp free.... Although he does wear the most grand-dad, 80s style glasses you have ever seen in your life
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
have they released a full length yet?
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by Yakult
Where are they playing on Saturday? Apparently they got pelted with coins at the Nottingham TBS gig! I couldn't believe it when I heard that... It's just plain harsh. I tried to find a link online but couldn't find one, but I'm pretty sure it's true.
:

They played Liverpool, UK.

Yeah I heard they got pelted too, those wankers. At the gig I went to, people threw their bracelets at them in a sign of love \m/

they were awesome live.

Quote by frodoisdead
have they released a full length yet?

It's out in August.
they've done pretty well on the back of an ep.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
i know, yeah it's wierd

that EP's been out for like, three years

but they have like a tonne of unreleased songs dont they online

touchdown turnaround \m/
^^

that is a tune! but don't they rhyme "around" with "turnaround"?

that has always bugged me somewhat..
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
yeah they do,

do do do do do

"touchdown turnaroundddddddd i never see you arounddd"

xD

they ended on it when we saw them

they only played like 6 songs

erm

call n return, homewrecker, a new song, bonnie taylor shakedown 2k4, shimmy shimmy and touchdown turnaround

sometimes i dont want to trust limewire though for the unreleased songs, cos sometimes i think...they're not real or something
They didn't play Dear Jamie? Man, that song is amazing live! The new song's pretty cool too... It sounds a bit like Madonna
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
madonna?

they should cover like a virginnn

cuz let's face it, they obviously are.
Quote by Jaret Reddick

emos forever
naw, they only had a 25 minute set cos there was a third support band only for the one night in liverpool, American Eyes...who are now touring with thursday now but warmed up with the TBS gig so Eisley and HGB's sets had to be cut down a bit.
okay,

so the new album is streaming on their myspace and it's actually really good.

although a lot of the songs were songs already online.
Quote by Yakult
They didn't play Dear Jamie? Man, that song is amazing live! The new song's pretty cool too... It sounds a bit like Madonna

I do love that song, it's preeetty.

I've heard a bunch of unreleased ones, but I dunno if they're actually Hellogoodbye or not, sounds like them though.

I'll go listen to the album now if it's streaming.

Man, this band's been around for aggggggggggggggggesss without a full length.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombies%21_Aliens%21_Vampires%21_Dinosaurs%21

thumbs up to the righteous album cover / 1st music video concept

"The concept features a sleep away camp whose counselors, unbeknownst to the campers, turn into zombies at night that like to have dance parties under the stars."

This may very well me this generations answer to Thriller!

:P
It's a little too power pop for me, but the third cut on the album I really like. You guys should check out the bad dudes, they're a bit like these guys but hardcore with a little bit of Zelda music thrown in for good taste.Plus a little bit of Blood Brothers without the high singing.
Quote by j0nmcc
New favourite: Oh, It Is Love.

That's such an awesome song! I've got the album and I really like it... Their new single's going to be a scorcher
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Will You Go To Prom With Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
I can see these guys getting really popular in the next six months, doing MTV and all that shebang and people will ending up resenting them for it.

Just a prediction..

Quote by ETHANEVIL

^
Well, in my case at least, I dont like bands that go to MTV and then their music suffers alot because of it. Ala bands like FallOutBoy. Bands such as Taking Back Sunday, and even Brand New (who had some exposure) have not really suffered too much with their music quality. Taking Back Sunday, while their albums lack a little more in quality still manage to produce great music.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by the_astronaut
I can see these guys getting really popular in the next six months, doing MTV and all that shebang and people will ending up resenting them for it.

Oh God, I bet you're right If they get played on the radio I know I'm going to get sick of them Damn you Radio One
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
DAmn Radio One, but Chris Moyles is king. haha

i hope they dont get TOO much exposure though,

cos tbh, i think the main public will get sick of their sound quickly. yknow what i mean
I didn't know about the Mountain Dew contest, I'll have to look that up.

And I dunno, it was just a thought, the radios might start playing them, and they could hang onto Panic!'s radio success or something.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

for europunk.net

The interview's here
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████