Sup ppl

im looking to change my pickups for something to play heavy rock with (well id call it metal but apparently u guys dont lol) i have a Epi les paul and will have a valve king.

some people have sugested a duncan JB. i looked at the demos of the invader and i think another one was super distortion and they sound quite good but i dont want to limit my choice in any way. i was looking to spend about £165 for both neck and bridge.

also would differnt pups for the bridge and neck be better i heard this could be a better route with more variaty

thanx
Quote by shmooty
Check out Bareknuckle pickups:

http://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/

A set of two humbuckers costs about £170 (more if you want them to look extra cool)

The Nailbomb's sound really nice (I should be getting some soon )

yeah they look very good exept there like £200 every where i look and one place had em for..i think it was £230

i was looking for something a little cheeper

btw aslo looking for pups that will make my amp go in to overdrive u know like a booster if that possible

thanx
^What amp do you have?

If you want to do that, get some high output pickups
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^What amp do you have?

If you want to do that, get some high output pickups

right now i have an MG100 BUT im getting a peavey Valve King pritty soon so think about the Valve King

thanx

PS dont go on to MG bashing i had enough of that already lol
If you're set on a valveking, you might want an overdrive pedal with it too, to overdrive it even more and get the gain you want.

What you should do before buying pickups is try your guitar with the amp, see if that's the exact sound you want.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
If you're set on a valveking, you might want an overdrive pedal with it too, to overdrive it even more and get the gain you want.

What you should do before buying pickups is try your guitar with the amp, see if that's the exact sound you want.

uh....dude...im gonna take out my pups anyway and probs stick em in my squire strat with a humbucker scratch plate on it.

it this a good idea >?
It'll be a good mod to start off doing, seems cool.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
It'll be a good mod to start off doing, seems cool.

glad u think so.

by the way would puting grover tuners on a squire keep it in tuner better? (might seem a dumb question but hey)
Yea, probably, but some of the tuning issues from that might be because of the not so-great tremelo.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Yea, probably, but some of the tuning issues from that might be because of the not so-great tremelo.

ahaha the tremalo screew thread has been murderized so its a bitch to get in and its wobbaly as shiz gello. so i have to get a neew one. or did u mean the bridge ?
The bridge, because it's a floating bridge (not fixed down), they tend to come out of tune quicker.
Don't be afraid to care"