does anybody know how can i replace my floyd rose bridge???I removed the old one but how will i put the new one???
i know that the best option is to get it to a store,but the ones in my town can't do it. :-(
yes.the problem is that when I place the bridge,i place the springs but it's too sunken and the bridge won't stay steady on te screws(the ones behind the pick up)
well then put strings on then loosen the spring claw screws bit by bit that should level you bridge out
ok.i hope this works.the floyd rose has really pissed me off these past weeks.It's complicated. Now i understand why many people prefer normal steady bridges!!!!!if anyone has additional advice,please share..
Ok, try to do this for simplicity, get an eraser, block of wood, pencils, bottle caps or anything that can be wedged to the right side of the tremolo cavity (left side are springs), dont use anything that would damage the wood or is shaky, i personally use 2 erasers. Put all the strings, and let it pull the bridge, its ok, the thing u use to block the trem is jammed and will make it stay.

Dont tune it yet, after it has enough tension, put the springs on and tighten the claw's screw untill the wedged item drops, this means that the spring tension = string tension. Then proceed to your regular 15min tuning. Enjoy
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
can u post a picture???? :-)
i think i got it but i i want to be sure
(in other words,I don't want to wreck my guitar AGAIN!!!)
umm...post picture of wat? this is technical stuff....
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Ok, try to do this for simplicity, get an eraser, block of wood, pencils, bottle caps or anything that can be wedged to the right side of the tremolo cavity (left side are springs), dont use anything that would damage the wood or is shaky, i personally use 2 erasers. Put all the strings, and let it pull the bridge, its ok, the thing u use to block the trem is jammed and will make it stay.

Dont tune it yet, after it has enough tension, put the springs on and tighten the claw's screw untill the wedged item drops, this means that the spring tension = string tension. Then proceed to your regular 15min tuning. Enjoy

err, I think i got lost a bit in that second part. My process:

1) block the bridge with item of your choice (those erasers are a good idea actually)
2) since the bridge aint moving anywhere put on the strings and roughly tune up/intonate/whatever
3) put on the springs in the back cavity
4) adjust the distance of the springs until whatever you have blocked it with slides out easily
5) Finish off with the fine tuners

edit: look at this to get a basic idea of how to block the thing off http://users.pandora.be/marnix.ghesquiere/blockingtrem/blockingtrem.html

And of course, like mentioned on there, you can leave it blocked and just treat the bridge as a hardtail of some sort if it still doesn't want to stay in tune
Wedge it here

For the 2nd part, i mean that, after you re-strung all you strings, you wound it up and there's this tension. So after you have a decent tension (not in tune yet) you just put the springs back in its original position and tighten the claw. Your eraser should automatically drop coz the spring tension is equalizing with string tension. Voila~ ur bridge is floating. Proceed to tuning step
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 25, 2006,
yep wedge it on the other side of bridge oppisite the springs but make it something hard so that it wont fling out when you tune it