how can I make my Peavey Valeking half stack more metal?
Suggestions please
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
hey , im gonna get the Valve king but am looking in to the same thing, some people sugested a overdrive pedal or a tubescreemer (same i dunno?).

i thought maybe changing the tubes would work.

i dont think changing the tubes will help. i was gonna get a tubescreamer but I am not too sure that it would work. Tubescreamers are overdrive
My Gear:

A tube screamer will be used to boost the amp.

Personally, I would look into a Boss SD-1 (Keeley modded would be even better). A Tubescreamer will also work....it depends on the tone you're looking for.

You turn the pedal on over the already overdriven channel of your valve king, then it will give you even more gain.

Also, a tube swap could also help. If you got a high gain set of tubes from Bob at eurotubes.com, then the new preamp tubes would give you about 10%-15% more gain I think it is.

With that, and the overdrive, you're easily in metal territory.
kool , thats helped me alot, i posted the same damn thing and got kinda in the rough replyes.

wouldnt a boss OD-3 be better? (im not that good with overdrives) i know its more expenceive .in my opinion that means 80% of the time its better.

not slaming u or anything
SD-1? i heard they weren't very good
My Gear:

does anybody know a good uk website for high gain tubes? i prefure to order from the uk, fuel the economy and all that shiz. ty
Quote by tabber666

yeah thats the only one in the uk with good prices. theres a shop called bonners where i live and they wanted to charge me £399 for a valve king 112

propper rip off ,gak do it for £279
What kinda of metal are you looking to do? like 80's?. or deathish stuff?
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
metallica, trivium
My Gear: