Hey guys, I've been looking for a tube amp for a while now, and I just came across a Hot Rod DeVille in an ad. I'm considering it, because I know fender cleans are great, and the cleans are what I'd mainly be using. Now, I play mostly jazz mixed with a little blues; would the 2x12 or 4x10 model be best suited for this? The one I found in the ad is a 2x12, but it's only $375, so I'm definitely considering it. Thanks for any help.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
i *think* though dont quote me on this one, but i beleive the 2x12 will have a stronger tighter bass, whilst the 4x10 will have more high end and a more 'twangy' sound due to the 10"speakers. so i reckon that the 2x12 would be better for you, whereas the 4x10 would be better if you played country-esque music. but if you can try both out and see what feels best for you.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

^ close.

2x12's bass will be looser. twangy = tighter bass, which is where you would want the 4x10.

other than that you're right.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
The 2x12 would make you more popular with roadies, trust me on that one!

I'd go for the 2x12, sounds slightly fatter.
Alright, thanks for the output. But now that I think about it, I'm going to have a tough time choosing between a Traynor YCV40WR and the Deluxe/DeVille. As I said before, I'd be playing mostly jazz/blues and I'd be using the clean channel most of the time. It would be much harder to find the Traynor used at under $500, but I've heard it has very nice cleans and also a good overdrive. With the DeVille, I found one at a great price, and it's got Fender cleans but I've heard some bad things about its overdrive (but nothing a pedal couldn't fix). Again, thanks for any opinions.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by tossom
The 2x12 would make you more popular with roadies, trust me on that one!

I'd go for the 2x12, sounds slightly fatter.

Actually on the fender website it says that the 4x10 is lighter

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
Try them out, see what you think the differences are.
And if you're consudering the Traynor too, that applies again^^^
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30