Okay, i need a new guitar with better access to the higher frets than a les paul offers. However, i do love the tone. Which guitar should i get? I play stuff like GNR nirvana, pink floyd and led zeppelin. My budget is about 800-1000 bucks. Im thinking of buying either a fender hotrod deville 212 or a mesa boogie f-50 in the near future.

But the guitar isn't before maybe 6 months-1 year. I just want to know what i should try out and look after etc. So what do you suggest?
Try some of the fender american series. Or maybe a custom carvin.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Hmm, i don't like the singlecoils really. Are the HHs any good? And what are carvins? I've heard of them, just never bothered asking what thyey're like
Eh. Standard SG? I dunno.
Marshall MG100HDFX

Originally posted by Steve Cropper
The three things that can survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches, twinkies, and Keith Richards.
My God..how the **** do you have so much money?? You just bought a Gibson, Yesterday you said you were buying a $1500 amp, and now ANOTHER guitar?

You must be rich.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Im returning the gibson for the LAST time. And i've dragged my ass to a ****ty job every day for the last ****ing year to get some good gear, so no, im not ****ing rich.

Im buying a 1000 dollar amp, and a 1000 dollar guitar. Is that so much ****ing money? Thats where the 2,500 i spent on the gibson is going. ffs.

Edit: Oh, and thanks guys. But i think the epiphone SGs suck balls, and the gibsons are a wee bit over my price range. Any other suggestions?
Jeez. No need to bite my ****ing head off. How am I supposed to know what the hell you do? I was just going by the fact that pretty much every day you have a thread saying you're buying something new.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Tokai? Other SG copies? Second hand? I can't think of another way to get near that authentic LP tone.
Gibson SG Standard is $1100, SG Classic is $800 and the cheaper faded is about $600 I think, how are these over your budget?... how could you even think about going to an Epiphone after a $2500 Gibson?
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
Quote by Xenn99
Jeez. No need to bite my ****ing head off. How am I supposed to know what the hell you do? I was just going by the fact that pretty much every day you have a thread saying you're buying something new.

Lol sorry, you seemed condescending. Besides, thats the second time you said that, and i answered the same the last time, so i was just frustrated that you didn't listen to me. No hard feelings
Quote by Graphicism
Gibson SG Standard is $1100, SG Classic is $800 and the cheaper faded is about $600 I think, how are these over your budget?... how could you even think about going to an Epiphone after a $2500 Gibson?

The standard is 1200... at least on musiciansfriend. THe classic and faded is in my range yeaah, but i've heard bad things about the latter ones. Whats the difference between them and the standard? thanks

Edit: And the epiphone i have now is just as good as the gibson i almost bought tonewise, so sometimes an epiphone can be just as good as a mid priced gibson

And sorry about the double post. I just forgot myself. Meant to edit*

I just looked up the gibson sg classic. I dont really care for the p90 pickups. But they do have a gibson sg standard blem for 1080. Maybe i should take a look at that.

Nevermind the ****ing corporate mother****ing USA ****ing refuses to ship internationally! ****ing fender. IF those ****ing idiot corporate ****ers think im gonna pay double ****ing price for their bull**** items over here, they're ****ing oput of their minds. Ill ****ing buy the ****tiest ****ing amp thats made over here by ****ing decent people over their ****ing stupid corporate ass amps and guitars. **** the ****ing capitalistic greedy american ****ing guitar insustry.

Now that i've calmed down, the above is the long story. Here's the short one: Musiciansfriend dont ship stuff over here. The ****ing companies are too ****ing greedy. ****ers the bunch of em!
Last edited by guitarforever<3 at May 25, 2006,
^ wow chill out lol. If you could find a Elitist '61 reissue SG it might be what your looking for (but they are near impossible to find now). Try other companies. Where are you in the world (it will help to know what's available). If you live anywhere near where I do, try out the top end Godins, they rule. Or Schecter.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Maybe a used SG Standard? Same quality/playability, just cheaper.
And yea, have a look at that blem one.

Just get a general feel for them first before you buy too.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Jesus dude, calm down.

LTD deluxe series or possibly an sg, maybe even ibanez SZ?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I havnt played it but if you want a les paul but want higher access the the upper frets

Why not a les paul double cut?
Well is it a wonder im mad? Becasue its so much more expensive for gear over here, it costs almost twice as much for a fender amp... the difference from the SGs are a little less (they cost 2,000 here, but would've landed on a total of 1,700 over here with shipping cost and customs anyway^^)

But for the fender amp i need to pay twice as much. ****ing greedy bastards the companies...

As for the double cuts, they just dont appeal to me really. The ibanez is kind of too much of a metal guitar, + im maybe joining a band where the guitarist has an ibanez. Dont want to sound too alike you know

Ill look into a used one over here maybe. Hope i can find a cheap one. Thanks for all the help guys. You're the best