Ok, buying my first ever tube amp and my budget is around £400. These are the two i have picked out, im going down to my guitar store this weekend to try them out and im just looking for an opinion before i get hit with all the salesman garbage

and if anyone can recommend me a better tube within my budget, im open to ideas

thanks in advance
What sounds are you looking for/ your playing styles?

They're pretty good amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah, sorry forgot to mention that. I play a wide range of styles, rock, metal, classic rock, punk, ska, blues, indie and alt rock. So im looking for a diverse range, I've got a Boss OS2 already so i can really crank the gain up for the metal stuff.

thanks
Maybe the Classic 30 would suit you better, it's got good cleans, and good overdrive.
You could also look into some Fenders, amazing cleans.
Try a few out.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah thanks a lot for your help like i said im going to try a few but there the two I really have my eyes on

thanks again
No problem!
Good luck finding what you want?

Hmm, are you a fellow Frusciante fan?
Don't be afraid to care"

indeed i am Very impressed by the new album, not that this is the place to discuss that. But yeah, i respect him, in terms of RHCP far more into the old school funk stuff
I'm more into the newer type stuff (BSSM, Cali etc), you heard much of Fru's solo stuff?

Ooo, ooo, go on youtube.com, and search "John Frusciante How Deep Paris", watch and be amazed.
Don't be afraid to care"

I own all his solo albums yeah, by early, i meant up to BSSM I believe i may already have seen that though
He's a brilliant man, I'm lisnin' now.
That video just defines "beautiful" in every way.
Don't be afraid to care"

i would say the classic 30, i got one a few weeks ago and i love it to death, but make sure you can crank it, i did when my parents were out of the house and it sounded so gud i cudnt stop playing, i couldnt hear for15 mins afterwords but it was worth it.

p.s i dont know about the laney but the classic is a non master volume amp so you need to crank it to reach metal territory
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.