I've recently bought a new amp (Engl Screamer) and have found that it is the perfect amp for me, but having said that i find that I have to change the EQ every time I switch from playing lead to playing rythm...
My rythm sound is a scooped kinda setting and my lead more middy and less bassy.
The obvious solution would be to buy a EQ-pedal, but i guess a OD-pedal could be the answer as well.
But will a OD-pedal make alot of noise (this is a high gain amp already)?
I also could use a small (very small) gainboost when playing lead can i use a EQ-pedal for this?

So is my best option EQ or OD?
Hmmm, can you not find a happy medium between settings? mine is currently set at:

Bass - 6, Mid - 7, Treble - 5, Lead Presence - 5

Works for me for most things tbh...But then i've never been a scooped sort of guy, so maybe it wouldn't suit you...
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
yeah i would suppose that the od would cause some noise, but that can be remedied with an ISP decimator. if you want something that wont color your tone much, check out the boss sd-1 or the maxon ts-808.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
You could get a really transparent overdrive pedal, like a TS808, or a Blues Driver.

You can use an EQ pedal as an overdrive/boost too, well, some.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I spose if you don't want to change your tones (although i just stuck a scooped rhythm sound through mine and i didn't like it - i guess that's what makes us different ) An EQ pedal cutting the bass and treble slightly and boosting teh mids would be the way to go

deg0ey
What is a midrange booster? could you please suply a link

Right now i am using almost the same settings as you posted, but i don't want to compromise with the tone I want.
on a side note, do you think its hard to get harmonics on those settings? on my old amp (Cube 60) I can do them easily but on the new one its harder...
nope, give it some volume and i can get great pinches on the clean channel with my tele's neck pickup

deg0ey
hehe, well I'll just crank it then :P
I like those settings for some stuff (Maiden and other oldschool stuff) but for other songs i like i scooped
I think I'll try the MXR M108 Ten Band Equalizer. If I don't like it I can sell it to someone else... any reason to chose the Kerry King sig instead?
i understand - my exploits into metal tend to stop at maiden anyways lol

deg0ey
ok thats what I thought as well! thx for your quick replies everybody! and deg0ey I might PM you if I ever have any problems with "der Engl"
lol no problem

deg0ey