I want to become a better slapper, and my friend said i should check out some of Primus's stuff. i know Sailing the Seas of Cheese is probably their most mainstream, but which of their albums has the best lines for slap? what about other styles of playing (i know he likes to flamenco pick)? what are some other artists outside of RHCP and Vic wooten that i can look at for slap?

thanks.
The only bad f-word is FCC
~Tom Morrello
best album for flemenco strum is tales from the punch bowl. altought they arent the best, the brown album probably has the most slap lines.

blind melon, rage, and even some 311 have good solid slap lines.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Yea. Primus has kind of bizzare slapping, so unless you are fairly proficient I'd look elsewhere, such as to Stanley Clark.

That being said, Suck on this or Frizzle Fry has the most strait forward slaplines I'd say, and are also my favorites.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
Yea. Primus has kind of bizzare slapping, so unless you are fairly proficient I'd look elsewhere, such as to Stanley Clark.

That being said, Suck on this or Frizzle Fry has the most strait forward slaplines I'd say, and are also my favorites.

stanley clark is advanced for anyone. maybe larry graham would be a tad simpler? or some bootsy collins lines?
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Larry Graham doesn't stick out as much for me as an RHCP slap line or anything. Kind of fades into the rest of the music. And I don't think bootsy slaps.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
Larry Graham doesn't stick out as much for me as an RHCP slap line or anything. Kind of fades into the rest of the music. And I don't think bootsy slaps.

larry gbraham sticks out plenty. but i never learned from them, honestly, i got ok at slapping by trying to play phish's weekapaug groove. i played that simple little progression for about 3 hours a day for at least 5 days straight. after that, i found evverything a little easier to slap.

so what my suggestion is just make up a root octive excersize and practice it to death.
Quote by Mr. T
actually, blind melon is one of my all time favorite bands, but there arent any good tabs of them sadly, and its all but impossible to find books on them anywhere except for online
The only bad f-word is FCC
~Tom Morrello
Quote by crazypeanutman
stanley clark is advanced for anyone. maybe larry graham would be a tad simpler? or some bootsy collins lines?

Larry Graham did some complex stuff but I'd agree msot is simple and it would be a good place to look into.

But Bootsy Collins never slapped.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!