Hi UGers

while surfing a swedish site i just saw a 2000 RG3120 TW for sale. it was about 1000$ witch is a very good price considering the new ones go for aproximatly 2500$. But there are some things i dont know about this perticular model

First: it was made in 2000 so it cant have an edge pro so its either a lo-pro edge or an original edge

Second: i know the 2003 has a Wizard neck but i dunno about this one

and last: What pickups? the 2003 model has real dimarzios (paf pro in the neck and a tone zone in the bridge)

anyone with a ibanez 2000 catalouge could answer those questions!

otherwise its the perfect RG for me, mahognay body, edge term, wizard(of some sort) neck and HH setup. i've been trying to get a 520QS(those things are so sexy!) for ages but but rearly seen one.
the 3120 its a little expensive tho witch brings me to the second point of this thread:

at that same site i saw a 98(i think it's 98 cuz the color is dark red with a black pickguard) RG550 but i dont like that guitar as much cuz of the stupid singelcoil in the middle otherwise it should be a great guitar as well and it only costs like 400$

so what do you think is the best choise? discuss!

EDIT: forgive my english
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Last edited by tabs aint cats at May 25, 2006,
haha ok thx but how does the RG550 compare to the 3120?
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
Well you've got a basswood body, regular Edge bridge (still good) and Ibanez's stock pickups instead. Most Ibanez RGs of the past are decent guitars (most of their low end series has become worse in recent years because of the change in the bridges).

Of course, Prestige RG is better
but hey we're talking 600$ here, do you really think it's worth it? i'll probably change the pickups anyway btw. And whats better with the prestige? they are both made in japan right?
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER