Personally, I think Avenged Sevenfold, are a really original talented band, however every person i seem to meet only has negative things to say about them, say what you think?!?
I left my dogs in LA, at home but we talk on the phone. - Duff 92
Andrew is an idiot
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
you guys should be more open minded

i dont listen to them much, but i have heard beast and the harlot, and though its not the best chorus , that song itself is VERY traditional metal

what i hate is the singer i guess... but imagine if it was Mustaine or Anselmo behind the singing

would you consider it metal then ?, i think A7X are just metal music with a non-metalish singer ( i dunno... theres somethin i dont really like about him )

but overall, EXCELLENT musicians, no doubt about it, give em a chance, im sayin what i say when i heard a few songs off of city of evil
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OH MY GOD I am so sick of seeing that "solo" which isnt even a part of a song, he came out, Alone, at the beginning of the show to test his guitar out and played a RANDOM riff off the top of his head, I seen the show in person. You Listen to all the other songs every solo has some rhythm in it either zacky, rev, or christ. he used a wrist band to test it out and deaden the strings. didnt work out well.

personally I LOVE avenged sevenfold, but there is an A7X ONLY thread so, this one is a small break off, it should be patched up
Last edited by Seth Shadow at May 25, 2006,
Posted By : Rising
i think A7X are just metal music with a non-metalish singer

yes and therefore they are Metalcore!!! you even said it yourself metal music with hardcore singing, and s**t singing at that so take this to the damn hardcore forum already. god i hate you people
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Quote by Tsunekuni

I've gotta say, that sounds dubbed. Where's the crowd noise?

But if he actually played that, it isn't THAT bad. Its not exactly "OMG GUITAR LEGEND" like all those idiots say, but it's alright.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Personally i think avenged sevenfold are great, waking the fallen was a metalcore album but the new one city of evil sounds nothing like metalcore at all. I think they are pretty much hard rock nowadays, they take alot of ideas from GnR actually.
Quote by duncang
I've gotta say, that sounds dubbed. Where's the crowd noise?

But if he actually played that, it isn't THAT bad. Its not exactly "OMG GUITAR LEGEND" like all those idiots say, but it's alright.

Still, its pretty damn sloppy, and he even has it muted with a sweatband at the top. The tapping part makes me want to rip my ears off.