Page 1 of 2
hey, i'm doing an opinion paper on why skynyrd ISNT a lame southern rock band

i need reasons why you think they ARE lame and why they are a good band (i've already got 1. good musicianship and 2. not racist)

PLEASE help
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
...what?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
...what?

what is there not to get?

i need people who hate skynyrd to tell me why they hate them, and people who like them tell me why theyre a good band
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Quote by icatchdinosaurs
i think they are lame because they dis neil young

Isn't it past your bed time?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Quote by icatchdinosaurs

there was actually a mutual respect between them. the whole sweet alabama thing was a playful joke between them.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash

TOOL ALERT
yes if you want people to respect skynyrd, just have them listen to tuesday's gone, simple man, those kind of songs if you want to give an example of great songwriting.
I think I ate your chocolate Squirrel.
I'm not a big fan of them, but I heard one of their live albums and it sounded pretty good. I like some of their stuff.

I guess the only lame thing I could think of would be how Freebird has become a joke to some people, and some versions of it are too long.
Good- wickedly long hair, the fact that they are some of the most superb musicians to come out of southern america, they wrote brilliant songs

Bad- sometimes (dont kill me, i love a guitar solo-the longer the better) they alienated ordinary- non-guitar players by making solos too long
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
I like them because of....FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Good: 3 Guitarists, Simple Man (One of my favourite songs ever), Awesome Live, Perserverence

Lame: 3 Guitarists
Quote by ta too tee
I played with Slash yesterday. It was super cool cuz we played some Nirvana and Britney Spears songs. Good stuff! I also taught him how to play Sweet Child O'Mine
Good - what The Hearbreaker said, plus they wrote "Simple Man".

Bad - what The Heartbreaker said + perseverance. After Ronnie died they really should've stopped as he co-wrote much of the material, the current lineup are effectively pissing all over his and Skynyrd's legacy.

You could compare Skynyrd with Thin Lizzy on that subject, there's a lineup of Thin Lizzy touring that are doing the same to Phil Lynott's songs.
They made Freebird and Simple man, that's enough to be honored.
Yeah, I agree ^, they shouldn't keep at it. Just drop it. Lynyrd Skynyrd died that day the plane crashed. Sad but true.
Too bad Sweet Home Alabama is the most overrated and overplayed song ever... Don't like it at all...
It's not the greatest LS song, I know. But it's not bad at all.
R.I.P Layne Staley
YourWingsNoLongerDenied
Because I think they are pale in comparison to the Allman Brothers. Also they get annoying cause you here their same three popular songs over and over again, and I don't think those songs are that great

Kid in Crowd: "Play Freebird!" "Play Sweet Home Alabama"
Me: " Shut the **** up your at a Rolling Stones Concert dumbass"
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
They are great live (saw them last year),The only bad thing is that their newer stuff is more country than southern rock.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
A. They rock cause of Tuesday's Gone and That Smell and other awseome songs
B. guitarfan93 saw them last year, thats pretty stupid, theres like 2 members left, and Ronnie's dead.
someone already said it but anyway

FRRRRRRREEEEEBIIIIIIIRRRRRDDD, not only that, they made some of the greatest songs ever to come out of southern u.s.a
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Skynyrd rock because of a certain solo in a certain song. FREEBIRD. Not to mention - Simple Man, Tuesday's Gone, Sweet Home Alabama, Don't Ask Me No Questions Etc. Gary Rossington's guitar is just legendary.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Skynyrd became popular because they were a roosty, hard-rocking alternative to many of the bands that were coming out of the early 1970s. With the death of psychedelia (for the most part) rock was kind of in a transitional phase, and groups were taking it in many diverse directions.

I think Skynyrd is popular because its blue-collar. It doesn't take much to listen to Skynyrd, whereas a lot of the progressive rock of the era (Pink Floyd, etc.) insists on a more in-depth listening experience.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Lynyrd Skynrd, whats to hate i mean their guitarists rock at rhytm and solo, i havent heard a song i dont like thats by Skynyrd. These guys had to regroup like what three times and they still were good. And whats it matter if theyre southern rock theyre damn good. I like southern rock. Freebird solo was nasty, and not too hard just a lot of practice and licks they put in. Definatley the biggest reason for why i like them is their skills and capabilities to write some of the greatest songs in rock history. Thats why i think skynyrd rocks.
Quote by pratt121
I don't hate them, just the roves of drunk rednecks who love them.

Whats wrong with being a redneck and liking Skynyrd, hell my whole family is a bunch of rednecks, and we love Skynyrd.
Quote by icatchdinosaurs

Hey, i like Lynyrd Skynyrd B-cause i grew up listening to them b-cause its the only thing the south had 2 b proud of

Besides Neil Young SUX Anyway
pros: decent catchy songs.

cons: from a pure musical standpoint, freebird guitars solo (can it be a solo with 3 dudes...) isnt bringing the song anywhere, it sticks in the same pattern for what, 5 minutes?
once i was was taking a crap, and "That Smell" by Skynyrd came on the radio.

from that day on, I knew LS was for me.
Quote by guitarman015
Hey, i like Lynyrd Skynyrd B-cause i grew up listening to them b-cause its the only thing the south had 2 b proud of

Besides Neil Young SUX Anyway

u sux B-cause neil young doesnt SUX, and you're obviously nothing the south can b proud of.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash

TOOL ALERT
Quote by freewheelinbird
what is there not to get?

i need people who hate skynyrd to tell me why they hate them, and people who like them tell me why theyre a good band

well for starters, they don't really play rock and roll...
Quote by Zakk Wylde
Just shut up and play your guitar.

The Bishop of Zeppelinism-PM TheHeartbreaker to join

President of Califrado-PM me to join
... and second, they whine...
Quote by Zakk Wylde

...and third...thier a little overhyped.

But hey, so are alot of bands. Even Led Zeppelin (lol)
Quote by Zakk Wylde

OH my a triple post, that nearly killed me. 3 posts of utter ballsack, i'm not sure I can cope.
Quote by CornLord

they were that good because they were that tight. they had been playing together since they were kids. all except for steve gaines. he came later if i'm not mistaken and was the best thing that could've happened to them musically cause he could rip. (played the clean strat on that smell.) damn shame.
Quote by icatchdinosaurs

that comment twoards neil young in sweet home alabama was a joke, Neil young and lynyrd skynyrd got along fine, ronnie van zant would sometimes wear neil young shirts at concerts, the whole feud with neil young was a big misunderstanding
Page 1 of 2