I just finished a new song of mine and i'd like a few opinions on it. Don't hold back any criticisms, it's rather important, and i'd like to know if it sucks or not before i let anybody hear it. I know i don't have the best voice but i'm never good at judging if it sounds decent and in pitch or not. Just leave a link and i'll crit ya back.

- Song is called "Beauty in Confusion" Thanks in advance
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Yea, you got server issues
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
sites up again.

excellent vocals, i liked the intro!! i wasnt keen on the main guitar bit. the bass and drums u added fit the song perfectly with the rest of the guitar and vocal work though! the guitar's tone was nice too!

critisms
the guitar work i didnt like, even though the guitarring was actually good! well done though
fade out at the end was too slow.

heres mine
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365428
vocals are great on this track. i have to agree with neptune, the main guitar bit doesn't really work because i think it sounds too 'busy' with the singing over the top (but that's not to say it wasn't good, you got som chops dude) maybe it could be reworked into a solo instead? the bass was cool, really understated which fitted perfectly. drums were simple but did everything they needed to do.

so yeah, it's really good but maybe rethink the guitar that's going on during the verses

mine is at:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364852

it's the second link i posted
Lol, thanks a lot guys I was kinda thinking the same about the guitar, but i made it like that because this song was originally meant to be an instrumental and once i had it all together it sounded like it was missing a big chunk when i took it out, but i'll take it out and see again. Really really glad to hear that the vocals are good, that's mainly what i was worried about.

I'll get right on critting you two. And thanks again
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
Okay, i fixed the main vocal problems that i could find, and i changed up the guitar in the refrain a bit...let me know what you think. Once again, just leave a link and i'll get right on critting you back.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73

Bow to me.
Very nice man. The guitar is awesome; I'm impressed by how you were able to include such an awesome guitar lead with such a pop-rock-ish song. Proves that pop-rock isn't self-bound to simplicity

The bass and drums were pretty good and served their purpose. The vocals were for the most part great, save for a few parts where it just didn't seem fully right. I like the intro, it reminds me of a Foo Fighters song. Overall, good job \m/

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365755