Poll: Would you like to see this guitar built?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you like to see this guitar built?
Yes
22 55%
No
18 45%
Voters: 40.
I have been contemplating whether or not to make a name brand look alike guitar or make a custom one, after 2 design drawing i came up with a soloist style body and the body that is attatched below. What would you think of this guitar if it were built?
Attachments:
custom.JPG
Last edited by BigCore1990 at May 25, 2006,
you'l never know if itas a waste of time untill you try it, i say you do try
J_dawg2992 :
Ahaha Dragonforce blew up my ipod. Thats funny. and true.
Looks like swiss cheese.....
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
If you like it, then go for it. Just make sure you do your research first, and have the tools and know-how needed to do it beforehand. Personally, i quite like the body, but the headstock is a little too extreme. It'd also be pretty weak near the nuts for the D and B strings
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Personally, I wouldn't cut the chunks out of the head, and just paint them on.
the pictures on here are just a rough idea, not exact, but thanks for the constructive criticism
I personally think it looks terrible.

I think the reason body shapes have stayed roughly the same is because they work, saying that i can see the appeal of a custom body shape.

Good luck
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
If you're making a custom guitar for yourself, I don't really see the point in making a copy of another guitar.

If you like your own design, then go for it
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Personally, i say no, because of that headstock. Looks to me like it would eventually break. Other than that, it wouldn't be too bad, but the fact that there isn't a lot of body by where the pickups would theoretically be, you may not get a very full sound.
thats uber sexy, but maybe move the top cut out towards the end a lil bit more so that its offset with the other.
If I were you I wouldn't cut that chunk of wood out of the headstock, but sand it down so you get a 3D contrast. It'll give you much more stability and still look quite cool. Except for that, I like the design
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

thnks for all the help, probably wont be starting this until school gets out, which is around the beginning of June
Dude, WTF?

It looks anorexic. Ew.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
the body is alright. the head will be miles too weak however
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
That headstock's gonna snap bro.

For the gutiar I say you make the lower horn a bit bigger, and the little >< part near the neck a bit wider in general.
haha
well the body's alright lookin, and the chunk taken out of the bottom would make for an okay kneerest, but definitely put some more wood on the headstock. if you don't, there's a good chance that whoever strings that thing up is gonna pack in a good concussion and/or an ugly scar.

i say go for it, so long as you can make it safely built (so fix the headstock a bit, mmkay?)
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.