ok so i need a new amp.i play a wide variety of styles mostly metal and hard rock.i also play in a little garage band.ive been looking the line6 flextone3 xl,peavy xxx,and a randall rg100g3.my budget is anywhere from $300-$700 but i can scrape up some extra cash.ebay is not an option.some links and recomendations would be helpful.
any specific tones you're after?

i have an XXX and i love it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
well more of a metal tone i play all types death,thrash,power,heavy any type of metal.i want something with alot of gain.the amp is not only for jamming with the band but for practicing in the bedroom too.
sorry for the double post but the xxx is about $150 out of my price range.out of the other 2 i listed wich one is better.and is there any other affordable high gain amp under $700
^ you should be able to afford the 40 watt versions.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

i checked the price is over $800.oh and im only 13 so i dont have a job.and allowance aint that great so i really need it to be under 700
why is ebay not an option again?
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

my mom dont like buying things off it cuz she thinks that we wont get what we bought and someone will have or money.shes paranoid i guess u can say
hm, i got mine of ebay. everythings perfect, the things brand new, and i paid half of what i'd have paid new.

infact, every vehicle my family owns we got off ebay. the place is great.

but if she's still paranoid about it, then the flextones are supposed to be good.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

if you could that would be excelent. i love my XXX, it's great. it's really on helluvan amp if you can get a good deal on one, and know how to eq it correctly.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Hey, I've got the randall rg100g3 and my buddy has the line6 flextone. I personally don't like the line6. It sounds too digital for me when distorted. It's cool that he has all the effects built in but that's not for everybody. I really like my randall though. I don't love it but I do quite like it. It's really bassy and gets a little muddy when playing low fast stuff but it sounds awesome playing heavy slow stuff. I'm still trying to find the right settings. I do love the clean tone though. I've never really been impressed with a clean tone. But it really has a great clean channel.

I'll put my vote down for the Randall but I've never tried the XXX and I always hear good things.