im thinking of getting a distortion pedal to put on my amp. is this how you set it up:

1. plug 1 end of the cable into your guitar and the other end into the "in" jack in the distortion pedal.

2. plug 1 end of another cable into the "out" jack in the distortion pedal and the other end into the input jack of the amp.

also, if this is the case, then can you only use 1 pedal at a time? thanks a lot.
Yeah, thats what you do. And you can use as many as you want, but it will alter the tone.
Quote by geenday409
green day rules. i saw em live in sacramento, and billie joe did a tapping solo thing. so i figured you can callem shred.
u can hook up the out part of the distortion into the in of any other pedal(you'll need those tiny pedal cables)and so on until you finally put it in the amp

or if your amp has an effets loop you ignore your guitar cable and send and receive through the ports on the back or where ever they may be
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
^ yeah, you just need more cables :P plug the output from 1 into the input of the next.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.