i have a crappy lo-trs trem (licensed by fr) and i was gonna put new pickups on it. I understand that floyd rose's require f-spaced pickups. do i need f-spaced pickups for the lo-trs trem?
Um, you don't put pickups on trems... you put them in the body of the guitar. And, IMO, F-spaced pickups really don't make a difference.
also fender requires f-spaced pickups aswell. the main difference between f-spaced and non f-spaced is the pole pieces are a bit further away for f-spaced
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Um, you don't put pickups on trems... you put them in the body of the guitar. And, IMO, F-spaced pickups really don't make a difference.

dumbass ^ i think i know where pickups go :-P

gah

f-spaced pickups are made for ppl with floyds, i want to know if ill need that bc i have a lo-trs (by fr) and i need to know if i need f-spaced pickups too..
You will need a f-spaced bridge pickup (Seymour Duncan calls these 'trembuckers'). For some pickups, rail pickups, for example, you don't need it f-spaced (and you probably won't be able to find it f-spaced), because it has no polepieces which can (mis)align with the strings.
if i was you, replace that damn bridge....!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.