Hello all.

so tonight i will be picking up a Dimarzio Super Distortion, and a Dimarzion Air Classic.

what i want to throw into the mix, is 2 phase switches, an on off button(just one for the whole guitar) and instead of a pickup switch, i want to have a roll on/off knob. so i could blend pickups.
oh and all this is going into a gibson SG special faded.

Schematics plz!!!!
Time for Jim!

And for the phase, do you each humbucker coil put out of phase with its pair, or with the other HB? Or what? Which coils should be out of phase?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
You must mean the whole 'bucker out of phase. Just like the Jimmy Page thing. To have one coil out of phase with the other in a humbucker, is pointless IMO. When you put one pickup out of phase with another, the closer they are together, the thinner the sound. In the case of the Jimmy page thing, you only need one phase switch. Do you want that as a push pull? Keeping both volumes and Tones? Replacing the selector switch with a blend pot.. I don't see the point when each pickup has it's own volume anyway.
These go to eleven...
no i mean like, i can use them with both volumes all the way up, so i could get a heavy but yet some nice leads without having like both humbuckers
I don't get it, a blend pot is what turns one pickup down, and turns the other one up, as you turn it. So basically, at half way, both pickups will be on at half volume. Is that want you want? instead of a selector switch?
These go to eleven...
I think he just wants two volume knobs
JimPlaysGuitar you've got it right, i do want it do that. lkike instead of having it in the middle and having each at half, i could have on at like 80% and the other at like 20%
If you did a genuine blender, it would be:
So you want 2 tones, 1 blender, and 1 volume?
I was thinking the blend pot was going in the old switch position, leaving all the original pots in place. But two volumes and then a blend pot is pointless, IMO.
These go to eleven...