i'm going to get a few effects pedals for my birthday and i was thinking of just getting some really basic pedals to make my sound overall nicer and my tone more controllable, not any weird far out effects. right now i have a boss super distortion feedbacker and a crybaby bass wah that i hardly ever use and just bought because it was so cheap used. i was thinking of getting an isp decimator and then either an mxr dyna comp or an mxr 10 band EQ. would a compressor improve my sound more or would an eq?
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
depends, theyre just different, i find that a compressor does more for clean sounds than dirty so its choice, also for compressors i would suggest the Diamond Compressor, amazing...also a good wah maybe?, an isp decimatory would be good if you dont like noise, i personally do, can do fun tihnhs with hiss....also a good delay pedal would be nice, reverb if your amp doesnt do it
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i already have reverb on my amp, and i think i might get a delay some other time. will an eq help me change my tone alot or just be a fancy tone knob?
Muddy Waters invented electricity.
id get a delay and a good overdrive.
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
an EQ can be an invaluable tool to set up a perticular tone or to boost freq for solos say. Boss's GE-7 is quite cheap and a lot of people swear by it. you won't go far wrong with it man!