Ive noticed there are not trapt threads. And im positive they belong in modern rock. They're a good band. Really good IMO. I think Brown has a great voice, and their guitarist are pretty good. Talk here. favorite song... or watever

BTW, don't judge them by
Echo, Headstrong, or Stand Up, none of them are their best.
my friend's used to love them

i hated them.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Their first album was actually really good. I don't see why they're considered nu metal, most of the non radio stuff on the self-titled is closer to Incubus than say, Korn. Just listen to Stories and Made of Glass.
Nu metal? Whatever

They're good and I like them, though Brown really got to sing something else beside getting heart broken: you're in your late 20's for goodness sakes!
I'd say keep them in Modern Rock, but they still suck.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
ya... modern rock.... not going to nu metal.

anyways, wats yalls favorite song, i gotta go with skin deep of the newest album
I think they are WAY better live than on their albums. Skin Deep is really good, Disconnected is good, and Product of My Own Design is well written. I wish that someone would post some of their tabs.
Most of their singles suck. Their best songs are Still Frame, Stories, Made of Glass, and When all is Said and Done. None being nu-metal.
Quote by dain84
Most of their singles suck. Their best songs are Still Frame, Stories, Made of Glass, and When all is Said and Done. None being nu-metal.

I agree. Im not a huge fan of the 1st album though. I love the 2nd one through and through though
I hate almost all their singles, but I loved their self titled album.
Stories and when all is said and done are sweet.

I beleive they have a new album coming out soon?
They're one of those bands that wasn't as blatantly nu-metal as say limp bizkit or korn or slipknot, but still came out around the nu-metal era. And despite not being totally over the top nu-metal (rap influences, dj's, whiny white boys in baggy jeans with chains, masks), they still thoroughly suck and we all know that's a strong characteristic of nu-metal.

And now that nu-metal is pretty much dead, they're steadily popping up in the modern rock forum . That's why we've been seeing the Breaking Benjamin threads, and Chevelle threads, and smile empty soul threads. Seeing as how these bands straddled that fine line between being an ultra generic hard rock band and a full on nu-metal group, they are somewhat capable of making that move more so than the Korns and Slipknots of the world who were so deep in the nu-metal scene they can never shake themselves of such atrocities.

Oh well there's nothing we can do about it, the Nu-metal forum is a wasteland and no one's going to get any response in there so naturally these threads are going to start coming in here. I guess some of these we can handle for now and we'll just have to get used to. But keep the Disturbs and Mudvaynes and Static X and Orgy's the **** out of here. They'll never belong in Modern Rock.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by Child Of Maiden
They're one of those bands that wasn't as blatantly nu-metal as say limp bizkit or korn or slipknot, but still came out around the nu-metal era. And despite not being totally over the top nu-metal (rap influences, dj's, whiny white boys in baggy jeans with chains, masks), they still thoroughly suck and we all know that's a strong characteristic of nu-metal.

And now that nu-metal is pretty much dead, they're steadily popping up in the modern rock forum . That's why we've been seeing the Breaking Benjamin threads, and Chevelle threads, and smile empty soul threads. Seeing as how these bands straddled that fine line between being an ultra generic hard rock band and a full on nu-metal group, they are somewhat capable of making that move more so than the Korns and Slipknots of the world who were so deep in the nu-metal scene they can never shake themselves of such atrocities.

Oh well there's nothing we can do about it, the Nu-metal forum is a wasteland and no one's going to get any response in there so naturally these threads are going to start coming in here. I guess some of these we can handle for now and we'll just have to get used to. But keep the Disturbs and Mudvaynes and Static X and Orgy's the **** out of here. They'll never belong in Modern Rock.

Alright dude, you don't like Nu-Metal. You don't have to be such an ass about it

They don't seem that bad, but not really a band that stands out for me.
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
^ An ignorant one of course.

Their new album is more like a live album with only two new songs. Sucks, huh?
Quote by redkippersandal
Alright dude, you don't like Nu-Metal. You don't have to be such an ass about it

They don't seem that bad, but not really a band that stands out for me.

Yup I don't care for Nu-Metal too much at all. It's no lie, but it is my opinion and there's no arguing that some bands of that particular genre don't belong in here. With the Nu-Metal forum pretty much being a ghost town, people will eventually start trying to sneek Korn threads and Flyleaf threads in here because they know they'll at least get some form of response.

But that's a whole nother topic, and I only brought it up because before Trapt would go in the Nu-Metal forum. But seeing as how no one talks in there I guess it's one band we can let slide in here. I was just sending a message for anyone to whom it may apply, not to get too comfortable bringing certain Nu-Metal heavyweights into the modern rock forum because it won't slide. If you think I'm being an ass about it try making a slipknot thread in the Metal forum. They'll have nothing of it either.

But anyways about Trapt, I may have been a bit harsh saying they "thoroughly suck" but it looks like we both basically agree that they're nothing special at all so I don't really see what the problem is.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by JustZeroes
If I recall correctly all the singers lyrics were about how hard he was

That or being heart broken

But if you ignore it (like I do), the music is enjoyable, to some people anyway.
Quote by Child Of Maiden
Yup I don't care for Nu-Metal too much at all. It's no lie, but it is my opinion and there's no arguing that some bands of that particular genre don't belong in here. With the Nu-Metal forum pretty much being a ghost town, people will eventually start trying to sneek Korn threads and Flyleaf threads in here because they know they'll at least get some form of response.

But that's a whole nother topic, and I only brought it up because before Trapt would go in the Nu-Metal forum. But seeing as how no one talks in there I guess it's one band we can let slide in here. I was just sending a message for anyone to whom it may apply, not to get too comfortable bringing certain Nu-Metal heavyweights into the modern rock forum because it won't slide. If you think I'm being an ass about it try making a slipknot thread in the Metal forum. They'll have nothing of it either.

But anyways about Trapt, I may have been a bit harsh saying they "thoroughly suck" but it looks like we both basically agree that they're nothing special at all so I don't really see what the problem is.

I don't think anyone is planning on tring to bring a slipknot thread in here, that'd just be stupid.

The fact is, whether Trapt is technically nu metal or not, it really dosn't sound like it, so dont bite someone's head off for not knowing that.
This thread was started quite a while ago anyway (i just bumped it up from like page 5) and no one seemed to care.

its rock, its modern, let it be.
bump

their new album came out like a week ago. I bought it, but haven't listened to it too much, so i can't say i like it much... the one bright song on the cd to me is cover up, i think it's the best so far.

any thoughts, or am i the only one who bought the cd?
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Something about Trapt just... really annoys me.
Headstrong is the only thing of theirs I can tolerate.
Quote by stepco12345
Something about Trapt just... really annoys me.
Headstrong is the only thing of theirs I can tolerate.

Probably the singer.

The new album is softer than what they done in the past. Forget About the Rain was a surprising and pleasing song
Quote by Paroxysm
Probably the singer.

The new album is softer than what they done in the past. Forget About the Rain was a surprising and pleasing song

see, i'm not really digging that one or much of the other soft stuff on the new album.

i really like cover up, curiosity kills, and contagious (the more agressive stuff)
"For Us, For Them, For You"