ive heard so many bad things about the line 6 spider II since i joined this forum. I can see where everyone is coming from how it sounds digital and all the rest of it. i have the 120 watt version and have gigged with it twice, i find it good as there are so many different styles on it, and i play many different styles.
but if i was to sell it, what could i buy around the same price that can do everything i need. i need to be able to do various different styles and change between them mid song easily. it also needs to be loud enough to gig with.
ive also lately been getting really into doing lead solos like pink floyd-comfortably numb. but i still want to be able to rock it up into some heavy metallica and go into punk etc. also do soft fingerpicking songs - metallica - nothing else matters
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
i got one word for you: marshall. most bands use the, and they are easy to use

If you follow this guy's advice, better hoope you can sell that amp for 600 quid.

Cause let's be honest, any low end Marshall is gonna sound shite.

So basically, not Marshall.

I'd stick with the line 6 for a bit longer, if you like it use it, but if you're wanting a new amp save a bit more then start looking at valve amps.
how much does a good gigging vavle amp start at. an what valve amps do you reccommend, ill go down the shop an check em out. i hear they sound so much better.
Quote by NoEntry
how much does a good gigging vavle amp start at. an what valve amps do you reccommend, ill go down the shop an check em out. i hear they sound so much better.

You can get good gigging valve amps for upwards of about 400 quid.

Do a search on it, cause there's lots of recomendations for different types of music.