Can somebody tell me a good value guitar around $700 with humbuckers and a fast neck. It will be used for QOTSA, Metallica, Offspring, Nirvana, AC/DC, Sum 41...etc

Other than my dinky, this is for my buddy so any ideas?
get an ibanez. they have some great necks, and good pickups even in the 300$ range
e -------15^1-
b ----13-------
g -14----------
Schecter...I don't own one anymore but the Blackjack series is great. Very versatile guitars, and they are around $600 I think. Great Seymour Duncan pickups, good looking guitars, and they are definately built well.
Schecter...I don't own one anymore but the Blackjack series is great. Very versatile guitars, and they are around $600 I think. Great Seymour Duncan pickups, good looking guitars, and they are definately built well.

Good recommendation, i agree totally. I have a C1 Blackjack, stock Seymour Duncans are very good and versatile, 5 way selector provides a lot of versatility, built solidly, very light, pretty fast neck and stays in tune well. only 550 USD
I just found The Hellraiser C-1 FR, he's right next to me and he says he's getting that

What neck could you compare those to? Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanez's, ESP's???
^yes that guitar owns for the money. But its abtou 100 bucks more than you're limit. Look at the other c-1's from schecter for you're choices.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
schecter c-1 classic 699 plus tax take a look
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
no, for an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose he says he'll gladly pitch in $100 to his birthday present
The Hellraiser FR looks like it kicks ass, great for the price compared to other brand models similar to it. It should be good with a tube amp tho since it has the EMG's. IT looks like a killer deal i think its around 800 but with the EMG's and the ORiginal floyd rose, and with mi experience with schecter i'd def. put that at the top of the list.
schecter c-1 classic. 699$ i think
Quote by gallagher2006
This one time I went out at night and sexually assaulted 2 girls then murdered them and hid their bodies never to be found.

I pwned as a 7 year old
Schecters have finished necks, which is love or hate thing. But other than that, the Hellraiser has a pretty good neck, not as nice as an Ibanez Wizard but better than a Gibson neck. Comparable (but not the same as) a Jackson neck.
IE: Thin neck
It's an awesome guitar, don't forget to ask your friend to try it out
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Extremely nice and comfy neck. Perfect Size IMO.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Ibanez S470 if you like the middle single, S520 if not. Great trem, light bodies, thin fast necks. You'd still have a little change left over to change pickups if you wanted.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
The schector is your best bet by far. I wouldnt trade my schector for any guitar. Literally. Ive played 4000 dollar les pauls, Jackson customs, EVH signature models, A Jem and the Satriani model. I'd compare a schector to the Jem, With a finished neck thats slightly thicker. Not much though.
Its got the most playable neck Ive ever used though. The actions low and the frets are high. Legato is a dream on a schector, dont even have to pick the first note if I have distortion and the amp remotely cranked. I can Just hammer directly on and start legatoing. Ive got that exact guitar without the Floyd rose, because I really wouldnt use it. You would seriously be hard pressed to get a more playable guitar, let alone a better deal for your money.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."