Can anyone tell me the space between the high e and the low e on an ibanez. Could you tell me the measurment right where the bridge pickup is ( around where the poles are) and could you tell me the measurment where the neck pickup is too. I need to know to help me decide about what i should to with next guitar, current guitar and pickups. thanks!
I have a crappy G10 and its a tad bitt over 2 inches.
"VANDALISM: Beautiful As A Rock In A Cop's Face."
Kurt Cobain
For standard Ibanez factory setup, the high E string is 1.5mm above the 12th fretwire while the low e string is 2.0mm above the 12th fretwire. For the pickups, there's no actual standard setting, you gotta adjust to your own needs. Ok, my suggestion is that, you fret the 24th fret at the low and high E string, then let it be at least 3-5mm of clearance on both sides.

After you achieve this clearance, turn on your amp and pluck the string, if its high, you should hear a sorta like absorbed muddy sound from it. That shows that the pickup is too high and the magnet is pulling your strings, decrease it till its minimize. When you're happy, use the neck pickup as your guide to adjust all the pickups (middle and bridge). Turn on your amp, pluck the low e string, and try to compare the sound with the bridge, if the bridge is louder then decrease the bridge's pup height and vice-versa. Repeat for both sides and for the middle pup.

For poles, adjust it to a standard height which they're all the same. After you've done the steps above, adjust it again to find your likings. Think of it like the fine tuners for floyd rose bridge.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
oh i have th same problem too. i have a GSA60 and the string height keeps changing. so its time i place something on the bridge to keep it in place and lock it there.
what I actually meant was the space inbetween the high e and the low e. Nothing to do with pickups or the neck. just the space between the high e and low e about measured after the bridge about where the first pickup and last pickup are.
If it has a tremolo, the bridge pickup will be 'F-spaced', 52.6 mm, if I'm not mistaken.

Any other pickups on the guitar will have standard spacing.
ok whats the spacing for the neck? because i might be switching pickups from a guitar to another one (one with a floyd or just a stock ibanez) cus one my strat with vintage trem, the F spaced is best for bridge and neck (im talking about humbuckers yes) I can fit a normal spaced in the neck but f fits better. So whats the spacing for the neck than? will it fit a F-spaced or is that just a vintage trem strat?
I'm having problems understanding your post, but:

Middle and neck pickups, both humbucker and single-coil, all have the same spacing, which is referred to as 'standard'. Pickups with 'standard' spacing will fit in the bridge position, but the strings might not align correctly above the polepieces.
Its 2 inches!
Kurt Cobain
Quote by mr_hankey
I'm having problems understanding your post, but:

Middle and neck pickups, both humbucker and single-coil, all have the same spacing, which is referred to as 'standard'. Pickups with 'standard' spacing will fit in the bridge position, but the strings might not align correctly above the polepieces.

yes i know all that mr. hankey. some guitars fit f spaced pups in the neck better than standards though, not by much but it is lined up more for some guitars. I just need to know the space in mm.
From the low e string to the high e string.(going down)
Kurt Cobain