I was wondering, what if you took a squier and replaced the neck with a fender and changed the pick-ups, would it be like a fender, or would just hop out of tune like a squier does?
its be pretty much the same, cept for the wood
it really isnt a big deal despite what many people will say
By the time you actually did those modifications you'd be over what the cheapest Fender strat would cost you.
B-52 AT-100 -> Marshall 1936 -> Eastwood Johnny Ramone Elite
Quote by JesusLives
I was wondering, what if you took a squier and replaced the neck with a fender and changed the pick-ups, would it be like a fender, or would just hop out of tune like a squier does?

It wouldn't make it exactly like a fender. The neck and pickups don't have anything to do with the squire "hopping out of tune" If you want your squire to stay in tune better, replace the tuners and make sure the nut and bridge are set up correctly.
I was just thinking, because the squiers have cooler designs than the strats and teles do.
Well that means he either wants a Hello Kitty strat or those stupid Obey ones. Either way he is wrong - Fenders look so much better.
Seconded, hello kitty is pretty cool imo. Im buying one for my lil sis, who's 5 by the way, but they are nowhere near fenders.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2