Yea for awhile now i've been doin Guitar spins occasionally onstage for show. I play in a metal band and its entertaining to the crowd to do it from time to time. But ive always done the easy way of just slinging it over your shoulder. But I see all these other people slinging it behind their back and it coming around. I've tried but it just hits my back and comes back around. Anyone have any tips on doin this?

Thanks for the time

Strap locks, open space and be careful, for the guitar's sake, not yours
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
No,I CAN spin the guitar,just the easy way of over your shoulder,not behind my back. And yes,I have straplocks,only a fool would be without them.
Wear your guitar really high at first, and when you get comfortable with doing it, lower the strap a notch and repeat.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
if the strap's too high it hits you....duh.

carry it low enough for clearance around your back. have no fear and throw it with confidence.
no, i used to do this ALOT, not so much now because ive mellowed out into a new acoustic band, but thats beside the point. if your going body first around your back, you should probably try doing a little more horizontally instead of flipping it completely over your head...
look at the stuff janick gers (of iron maiden) does. he does some weird tricks
well be carefull because i knocked myself out doing it, but i tried to throw it strait down and aroudn. i just throw it really hard and tilt my head to the right so i dont knock myself out! gl with that
Quote by Slurgi
Play music instead of acting like a douchebag on stage.

^^ He doesn't know anything, you just have to throw it harder, and preferably crosswise (horizontally) instead of over your head. This reduces the K.O. factor a bit.

I am only nothing, I am only this
I am just a man with these two fists