Page 1 of 4
Anyone else dig em?

If you havent, listen to The Chaos Path and be blown away:

Here!

- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
fuck yeah man. vortex rules as a vocalist
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Indeed fellas!

Im planning to pick up La Masquerade Infernale,but havent seen it in any store near by
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
I love them! Coolest band on earth. Hellhammer + Knut Magne Valle + Sverd + Vortex = Complete and utter pwnage.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
fuck yeah man. vortex rules as a vocalist

vortex as in dimmu borgir?
Yes, I.C.S. Vortex now sings for Arcturus. I love this band, Knut has some awesome guitar work.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
I like their La Masquerade Infernale album. The Chaos Path is a kickass song. good band.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by masterofmuppets
Give me Garm anyday over Vortex. The Sham Mirrors is a personal favourite, awesome band.

Vortex' cleans > Garm's cleans.
Brilliant.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
The Chaos Path gives me a headache. I suppose im in no mood for avant circus metal...
smoosh
Me's agrees with erling.

That's the only album I could find at the store I usually buy my music from.
Black/Death.
I'd rather have Garm over Vortex, not saying Vortex is bad by any means I just prefer Garm.
Quote by BluE DicE
Smoking is basically cutting your lungs right? So does that kind of self injury make smokers emo? Discuss.
Love them. I got The Sham Mirrors and Sideshow Symphonies, but the last one was screwed up so I have to replace it. I burnt both of them from a friend eho got them via downloading, so it's no suprised it was ****ed up.

This is why I don't download music! Buy the ****ing CD's!

Most moving symphonic music I've heard to date. Vortex is indeed a great vocalist. I'd love to see him in a band with Mikeal from Opeth. Two great vocalists who can do great growls and good singing.
avantgarde FTW
been listening to these guys for agers now
Reflections is my fav song by far
I am like, the biggest Arcturus fan ever.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
La Masquerade infernale... I'm a big fan of Vortex's vocals, especially in Dimmu.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
heard some stuff a while ago it just blew me away
need to get an album but i always forget looking for them while cd-shopping
^That it is good sir. Arcturus just own in general. I remember when I bought Sham Mirrors I listened to it five times through the same day.
I love the Sham Mirrors. This band is sex. I thought Sham Mirrors had some sort of radio potential first time I heard it.
I've found Jesus
Wtfsauce? Taken from the Arcturus Myspace bulletin:

"Arcturus disbanded after the Australian tour. I didn't know about it till just now, some think its an April Fools joke and then I look at the comments and a girl got a message from Hellhammer saying it's true. They haven't sent me anything but I'm going to assume this is the last for Arcturus. Hails to them, and if this is a joke, then thats just sick."
Bought Sideshow Symphonies yesterday.

It's good.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
One of my absolute favorite bands. I prefer Vortex singing with them. He's my all time favorite singer. Their music is just amazing. They have an amazing keyboard player as well. I currently only have Sideshow Symphonies, but I've heard various songs from other albums (mostly through myspace.) But yeah, they're a great band. I'd like to get The Sham Mirrors and La Masquerade Infernale. I love the piano intro to Starcrossed.
I actually prefer Garm than Vortex. Vortex is good but only in small epic doses like he does in Dimmu Borgir (Clean part in Sympozium made me shit my pants). Sideshow Symphonies makes me bored and tired.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
After an exceptionally successful Australian tour, Arcturus, decided to call it quits after their last show which was in Melbourne. This took all of us at Just Say Rock Productions, and no doubt, a lot of people in Australia and around the world by complete surprise and in a little bit of shock.

The reason? The band just thought that the time was right, the moment had come and that due to their tour of Australia being so successful they wanted to go out on top. Coming straight from the band, they state that the Australian tour was one of their greatest highlights and they rated their Melbourne show as one of their all time memorable all round events.

Although saddened by the news, we were proud to know that Arcturus decided that the moment had come while in Australia due to the success of the tour. On behalf of Arcturus, they want to thank all that came out to see them live, meet with them, and share in what was to be their very last ever tour together. For the record, they loved Australia and it's people.

This is part of an email sent out by the organisers of the Australian tour. Make of it what you will.
Quote by ph3n0m
*phew*.

I'd kill myself if Arcturus broke up.

Get your gun ready.
http://www.myspace.com/bobrossasaurus

Quote by Ax7_FTW
Do black chicks really shoot chocolate milk out of there boobs?

<JonTG> Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z
<JonTG> Wait, crap

The band is awesome, and if you expect him to sound like he did on Progenies or even the live version he doesn't.

He sings on his air like crazy and gasps for air every two seconds I was not that impressed but the music is still good, he's not as proper of I singer as I initially thought.
-Mike
Quote by killsweng
This is part of an email sent out by the organisers of the Australian tour. Make of it what you will.

I've seen this many places too. Seems pretty genuine now.

My mate's band will be spewing. They played the night before Arcturus at the same venue and Arcturus watched them play - liked them so much they demanded they play another song, then told the guys they wanted them to go back to Europe to tour with them. Good on 'em.

I didn't see the Arcturus Aus' tour anyway. I'm not too keen on standing in my own puke.
Shadilay.
Garm > Vortex imo

The Sham Mirrors is a f'ing masterpiece, I can't believe why it doesn't get much recognition
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Page 1 of 4