I was looking at that musician's friend website and some of the buys on it looked quite good (I'm only really talking about guitars)
I was wandering if the people who have bought stuff off it or know someone
who have could tell if it's safe and if the guitars are as good as the site makes them out to be?
well... the products come right from the manufacturer's warehouses... and set up by the company that they come from... so really quality control there isnt in the hands of musicians friend... they really are just kind of a middle man.... but as far as ordering and stuff.... i have ordered 2 guitars from them, and an amp and i have NEVER had any problems with my products so...
Yea, my bro ordered a DS-1 from them, delivery was pretty fast too.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
They are awesome, I bought alot of my gear from there. If I cant find a good deal on ebay, then I go straight to musiciansfriend.com. Everyonce in a while they have deals too, I got a free t-shirt w/ a wah pedal i bought, then recently I bought a Crate amp and got a free Crate bar stool to go match the amp. Alot of there stuff qualifies for free shipping too, 2-5 days. and they now accept Paypal. and they send you catalogs in the mail for free like twice a month or something. I love Musicians Friend!!
I've bought a whole bunch of random stuff on there.

Audio interfaces, mics, cables, picks, studio monitors, stuff like that.

Everything has worked perfectly.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I've purchased quite a bit from them as well, the prices ARE discounted relative to suggested retail. I've had very good expereinces in all cases.
They're basically just Guitar Center's internet branch. They're trustworthy.
I bought my amp, my strings, my picks, my Ibanez hoodie, and my tuner from those guys.

And I'll continue buying from them.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by matt_moonhead
I was looking at that musician's friend website and some of the buys on it looked quite good (I'm only really talking about guitars)
I was wandering if the people who have bought stuff off it or know someone
who have could tell if it's safe and if the guitars are as good as the site makes them out to be?

Matt, I have bought a load of stuff from them, and each time I need something (picks; strings; books; whatever) I order it from there. The shipping is fast and pretty fair in price, and they are easy about cancelling an order if you do it fast enough. I have noticed a lot of times that they say "in stock" or "expected 5-31-06" (just for the sake of an example), so I am not convinced by the suggestion that guitars actually are shipped by the manufacturers. I think their office is in Kansas City but the warehouse is somewhere in OR (?).

Do not sweat it; they seem pretty cool.

Quote by Danno13

Are you sure? I bought some stuff at a "guitar center" a couple of years ago, and I will not enter that place again. First off when you pay cash they want your name and address (just like when you buy batteries at Radio Shack), and the excuse they offer is "It's for the warranty". Next thing you know they are filling your mailbox with garbage mail reminding you that you have not bought anything in a while. Then when you try to leave the store you notice a couple of ****ers guarding the door, and they grab you by the ankles, turn you upside down, and shake you until the stuff they suspect you of stealing falls out of your pockets. Not a pleasant experience, particularly if you have just spent hundred$ on their merchandise.

As for musiciansfriend.com being part of "guitar center", I found Musician's Friend only because a friend told me he orders all his stuff from there. Also the same friend told me he bought a multi-track recording rig from the "guitar center" in Atlanta, and it turned out to be a turd...but they stiff-armed him when he tried to make a return or an exchange. Not the best example of marketing smarts and not a way to earn return customers. I will trust you if you say the two are parts of the same company, but it will be surprising to me.

Quote by Danno13

Just be thankfull though dont hound you with emails asking you if you need any straps or picks

Ive bought lots of stuff from them, reliable
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by mrbreeze
I've purchased quite a bit from them as well, the prices ARE discounted relative to suggested retail. I've had very good expereinces in all cases.

Nope, the mom and pop place I went to explained how the sale prices at guitar center and that site are normal prices and the "retail" price is completely made up. (Sure some places may sell for more but there is no discount)

Mom and pop place beat guitar center and musician's friends price by $260 (I ended up paying $770)
shame MC are US only
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
If you buy anything expensive go for a mom pop shops or any type of local dealer. Websites are good for small items, but buying guitars of the web is quite a pain in the ass. And UPS just gives the greatest care to our products.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Are you kidding me? Musiciansfriend is probaly the most popular site people buy from. They don't have deals very often, but about once a year they will have deals for people who have bought from them before, Guitar Center has it's advantage being that you can bargain with the people there.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
MF.com is shady
Before I ordered my first guitar + gear they told me they never open the guitar boxes.
The first MIM Strat I got (2006 model too) came in a repackaged box with no packaging and all the other gear (Strap, stand, picks, tuner etc) all packed intogether. It had a big crack near the neck. It looked like a blem version too and someone had already sent it back.
I ordered a new one and it came in a real Fender box, just perfect and is a great guitar but somehow they managed to transport (star trek) a billing slip into the box
they do do quality control. that's why they have a clearance center, where i got a $900 guitar for $300 because the volume knob is loose.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
i've bought guitars from them. nothing wrong ever happened to me and ive ordered 2 guitars. i say its safe and if it does come broken you can send it back