just wondering what everyones thoughts on Fly were. personallly i think its great, except for the intro - those first 10 seconds are...what ARE they? its a pointless intro, and it sounds ridiculous. but anyways, i found the song itself very good. even the In A Gadda da Vida cover was pretty good, and i detest that song. its been covered quite a lot and its sounded **** every time, and if one person says the Slayer version was great.... you're wrong!

i've tickets to see BG in Dublin in September, and i cant wait. looking forward to A Day At The Races. sorry, A Twist in the Myth!
I loved that song. At aobut 30 seconds in is the best part of it. I look forward to the new album and expect it to be good.
I don´t know I just think it´s not my stile i´m more to the "imaginations from the other side" album, I haven´t heard that much but my first impression of fly is that it´s to mainstream...

Leader of the BTMA
eh, new BG is bad. I love the first albums, a lot thrashier and aggressive..
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
i love all blind guardian

i already heard this though
Last.fm
My Recordnerd
Myspace

Quote by Crazy
okay. have fun. 1,567,584,586th time I've heard that in the pit

Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Not even that many people exist on this planet.

LOL
Blind Guardian is great. Old stuff and new are both good for different reasons.
Originally posted by XMetallica73X
i would love iran compared to this place trust me, they dont lie to you

^ FIELD TRIP TIME
Quote by SilentDeftone
Isn't Fly just a single? And they are releasing a full album sometime in the future?

-SD
yep, the album will be called A Twist in the Myth, not sure when its out.
Its a weird song, but I don't mind it. They seem to be kind of making a Sonata Arctica move, slowing things down in general, adding lots of melody and what not. A Night at the Opera was very hit and miss in my opinion, some songs were epic and amazing (And Then There Was Silence, Wait For An Answer) and some that were just boring as hell. I think the new album will be great though, and I'm deffinitely gonna catch them in Toronto.
Quote by BrofUJu
Its a weird song, but I don't mind it. They seem to be kind of making a Sonata Arctica move, slowing things down in general, adding lots of melody and what not. A Night at the Opera was very hit and miss in my opinion, some songs were epic and amazing (And Then There Was Silence, Wait For An Answer) and some that were just boring as hell. I think the new album will be great though, and I'm deffinitely gonna catch them in Toronto.

I'd go and say that A Night At The Opera is one of their best. More orchestral, much better vocals, fast and great melodies.

And I'll be there in Montreal. Can't wait
I love Fly, so many intricut (sp?) parts it's a really great song. I love all of their stuff, new and old. But they seem to be going in a new and interesting, and good at that, direction.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I wasn't impressed by the song but I've only listend to it once. I'm looking forward to their new cd though, Hansi's message has made me very curious. I can't wait for their tour in September.