ok ive put this in the customising forum but i didnt realy much of a response so im hoping you guys can help, i want to swap out the humbuckers in my epi lp for p90's i need to know if soapbars will fit or if ill have to alter the pickup cavity? as ive had a few conflicting reports of it
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Normal ones will fit, but they will leave big, visible gaps above and below the pickup. You can buy humbucker-sized p90's, which will fit perfectly.
any reccomendation on the humbucker sized p90's because ive kinda looked into it and saw the dimarzio ones which apparently dont sound like p90s lol
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Last edited by tommyt at May 26, 2006,
^They dont sound exactly liek P-90''s, but are alot better then a humbucker (for P-90 sounds)...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
^They dont sound exactly liek P-90''s, but are alot better then a humbucker (for P-90 sounds)...

yeah i i suppose they would be but id rather get the real thing and not have to compromise tone, oh well back to saving to get them fitted, cheers guys
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Well since bith of those guitars are front routed you will get those ugly holes from a P-90. Id say go with a humbucker sized one, they sound great anyway.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
There's no reason a P-94 should sound different than a P-90. The biggest sound disparity comes when you have a P-90 that's humbucking. But as long as it's still a big single coil, the sound should be very similar.
Hi, I'm Peter
thanks guys, and thanks dirk and hankey somehow id skipped over the P-94
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by tommyt
any reccomendation on the humbucker sized p90's because ive kinda looked into it and saw the dimarzio ones which apparently dont sound like p90s lol

Seymour Duncan's Phat Cat pup is a P-90 in a hum casing.
Quote by Gman400
my instrincts tell me big boobs=more estrogen=more bitc* or big boobs=more silicone=less woman=more slut=great sex=genital warts

It's MySpace