You guys must be sick of these "Which Amp threads", But I really need your help on this guys.. My bday is comin up and I need to select quick or else Im not gonna get the cash from my parents lol..

Specs

Budget : USD 200.

Amp Wattage: No preference.

Tube/SS : No preference.

Tones Im looking for: Classic Heavy Rock like GN,Dream theater, Steve Vai, Pink Floyd.

Most important: Heavy powerful distortion for explosive rhythm, Bright cleans , Smooth distortion for solos ( guitarport owners will know this tone by the Line6 Spinal Puppet amp model ).

Currently own: SSH model 'Vantage' fat strat, Zoom GFX-5 multi FX processor.

God bless those kind souls who help out
A Roland Cube 30 would be a superb amp although it's a small bit over your budget,as with all Roland products it is well worth it though
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
if you are using a multi fx processor then you dont need an amp with effects or distortion... you can just use the gfx-5 for your distortion.

look at musiciansfriend.com and set your budget.
K, I just looked it up.

Vox Valvetronix :http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958

This seems to be a good buy, what do you guys think?

EDIT : But it seems to be having a lot of effects, so I might be paying up for something which I dont need. How can I search for Amps without effects?
Last edited by Radius_Vector at May 26, 2006,
Youshould get the money, and saveupmore that way you can get a better amp.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
How loud do you need?

The Ibanez ValBee is about $200, and it's a great all-tube practice amp.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I'd get a Vox Valvetronix or Roland cube and sell the Zoom....the amps have to have better tone than that pedal.

Well, are you sure about that? Coz I bought the zoom very recently(3 months back) for around 150 USD, and I doubt it gonna sell for more than 70-80 USD, thats quite a waste.

Quote by Danno13
How loud do you need?

The Ibanez ValBee is about $200, and it's a great all-tube practice amp.

I just need a practice amp m8, so wattage is not really a preference, though itd be cool if I can have 15W+ at the price.

About the epiphone triggerman, what do you guys think about it ?
Crate Palomino V8. Will be as loud as a 15watt SS and sound much better. Try one out first though of course.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Feb 9, 2008,
I'd go with one of the $200 5 watt tube combos, but it sounds like you want face-melting distortion. For solid state check the Peavey Transtube Series and Cubes.
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Crate Palomino V8. Will be as loud as a 15watt SS and sound much better. Try one out first though of course.

Good advice. Crank the gain on one, and see if it's enough. If not, buy it anyway, and use the Zoom 'till you stop feeling the need to slather gain on things.
Wtf lol. This was only on page 2 yesterday that's why I replied to it.
EDIT: No wait, it was at the top of page 1.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15