My strings keep breaking, no matter which brand i use. I use 9's usually, is this why they keep breaking or cud it be the fault of my playing style??
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
you are using really light strings thats why, i personally used to use 11's for bending, and blues, but switched back down to 10 for faster stuff.
UG's Official Tenacious D fan
i think the strings are not the problem. i would guess your bridge is too sharp, had the same problem with my epi paula . just make it blunt and it'll do fine i think.
It tends to be the same string that keeps breaking really, the e(9) how wud i make the bridge blunt and are u sure its a good idea, iv got an American Strat and dont like to go messing with things that i dont no about!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
They usually tend to break right down at the bridge, they dont always break but kinda stretch out like springs sometimes
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
allow them to streatch when restringing your guitar. Just tighten gradually, really slowly, dont even worry about getting it in tune at the start. Tug up at about the neck pickup, not too hard but enough to give it a bit more reach. Only other thing i can suggest is to use good quality strings, I use ernie balls personally but ask your shoppie
Grammar Nazi.
You get a file then file (carefully) the part of the bridge where the string touches it. Then you put some machine oil on your standard tremolo and move it around a bit. That helped my guitarist solve the same problem. He broke regularly his high E string (9).
Quote by Bossman123
They usually tend to break right down at the bridge, they dont always break but kinda stretch out like springs sometimes

like the wound strings are uncoiling
Quote by azn_guitarist25
like the wound strings are uncoiling

Thats it exactly
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech