A friend of mine asked me how to age plastic... I've heard about something with coffee or tea... Can you give me a tutorial or something? Couldn't find nothing on projectguitar
strat player forever.
A tutorial isn't really needed for something like this.

Basically, brew some really strong coffee(or tea, but coffee works better) and then leave your plastic bits in it. It also helps to add some vinegar or soy sauce, the acid somehow helps.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
probably makes it more porus. if your doing a qick guard you probably need to put the coffe or tea into a baking tray or something
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
A tutorial isn't really needed for something like this.

Basically, brew some really strong coffee(or tea, but coffee works better) and then leave your plastic bits in it. It also helps to add some vinegar or soy sauce, the acid somehow helps.

I wouldn't suggest using soy sauce. I think Algee used it for his EVH relic build and said it kept rubbing off on his hands and smelled terrible. I could be wrong though. But coffee and tea should do the trick.
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at May 26, 2006,
^It smells bad while you're doing it, but its fine once you rinse it off.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Ohh yeah... it's been a while since a looked through that thread so I wasn't too sure. Thanks for not being a jerk when proving me wrong btw, very rare to see that in these parts.
Hai UG!
It's fairly simple:
1: Get a pie tin (or something similar)
2: Brew some tea/coffee, and put into tin (I like the looks of tea better)
3: Put plastic in tin with tea...wait..take out

The color shade depends on the amount of time you leave it in, I imagine you leave it in for around 12 hours or something.. (I made that number up)
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
okay 10x everybody! how much time should i keep the plastic in the tea/coffee?
strat player forever.