Page 1 of 2
Hey all. Have you noticed that there are virtually no good female guitarists? I have never seen any female virtuoso's/shredders or anyone that plays remotely fast, or is famous (not meaning that you are only good if you play fast). Does anyone know of any? The only ones I have seen are sucky girls with terrible gear around my town.
my friend is a shredder.

but she's like avril; can't read music, can't name a chord.

i did see an article about this one girl, whose name escapes me, in guitar one or world or sumthin. i'll come back to this later
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Autumn Shadows
Hey all. Have you noticed that there are virtually no good female guitarists? I have never seen any female virtuoso's/shredders or anyone that plays remotely fast, or is famous (not meaning that you are only good if you play fast). Does anyone know of any? The only ones I have seen are sucky girls with terrible gear around my town.

i am. but ive got a bad guitar(an encore)
but ive got a good amp, an ultra distortion pedal and a blues overdrive pedal!!!
theres that good girl bassist, I forget her name. Stacey Quatro or something.
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
...there aren't any.
I will call you out from shelter burn your wings and learn their letters
why is this in the modern rock thread?

Because it is a subforum of "Bands and Artists" I put it in bands and artists because of the relevancy of having it be related to other performing people.
One of michael jacksons female gutiarist wasa girl, she was really good, forgot her name though.
Quote by wangmaster
theres that good girl bassist, I forget her name. Stacey Quatro or something.

Suzi Quatro

there was a girl rock band in the 80s called rockgoddess *laughs at stupid name*, but they were a bit crap
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
the great kat is one really good female shredder even though she is dead annoying. google her
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
go onto the dean website.......look for katrina, johansen i think her surname is.....shes better than a lot of male guitarists ive heard
that chick whos name i forgot that made a CD wit micheal angelo batio im guessin she rocks cuse m.a.b kicks ass and that chick is hott
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Its because their smarter than to invest their time in doing something inane like playing guitar

Seriously, I saw on TV this one woman playing classical guitar and she blew me away. She was a master! And yes her speed was amazing.
the chick from heart (not the singer, the other one.... i'm awful i don't know either of their names) was really good, though most people don't know that.....
Quote by CraigKing
One of michael jacksons female gutiarist wasa girl, she was really good, forgot her name though.

ur so sigged
Quote by Unofficial

I can't imagine me bringing up this topic at the luch table.
"Hey guys, you're all circumcised, right?" "Guys?"

and heres how you get "innie titties"
Quote by lou_dog69

maybe he stuck a vacum up his ass and it pulled his nipples in
Quote by z4twenny
the chick from heart (not the singer, the other one.... i'm awful i don't know either of their names) was really good, though most people don't know that.....

Yeah I don't know which one but you are talking about the Wilson sisters. I thought they used a male guitarist for the real work, if I'm not mistaken.
Discolored skin gives me away.
isn't her name nancy wilson? she's good indeed. also check out bonnie raitt, joni mitchell, joan baez for good musicians/guitarists. there aren't too many of them, but you just have to search...
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Well if your talking Metal/Rock guitarists your right there arent any.. That are well known, but i think its definitly harder for chicks to get into that sortof buisness(the serious guitarist buisness that is) But in other genres there are, for instance Blues.
People think im insane becuase i am frowning all the time.
----------------

Member of the Radiohead Fan Club
My dream would be to have a girlfriend.. who plays guitar, and we could play naked together all through the night.. Just kidding but really that would be sweet to have a girl whom you could play with(all ways)
People think im insane becuase i am frowning all the time.
----------------

Member of the Radiohead Fan Club
Wasn't the guitarisxt in Heart a woman? sorry if I'm wrong
Originally Posted by jajp001
White man came (Cumming noise)
Across the sea (Wow!!!)
Brought us pain (Right in the eye, it was)
And misery ( Points to pregnant sister)
Run to the hills, iron maiden
Quote by skydogzoso1986
isn't her name nancy wilson? she's good indeed. also check out bonnie raitt, joni mitchell, joan baez for good musicians/guitarists. there aren't too many of them, but you just have to search...

I think Ann Wilson was the guitarist. Nancy was the vocalist (maybe I have it backwards). But they did use additional guitarists.

I was going to mention bonnie raitt as well. It seems that most capable female guitarists are in country, blues and folk. Me likem Emmy Lou Harris, but she's mostly a singer.
Well think about it, how many male guitarists are there? Say, for example, 10 million. Then how many virtuoso's/shredders there are? Say 10 thousand. Then how many of them are famous? Say 10. So say there are a tenth as many female guitarists as there are males, there'd be 1 million female guitarists, and one famous female virtuoso/shredder.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Quote by Black Hole Sun
Well think about it, how many male guitarists are there? Say, for example, 10 million. Then how many virtuoso's/shredders there are? Say 10 thousand. Then how many of them are famous? Say 10. So say there are a tenth as many female guitarists as there are males, there'd be 1 million female guitarists, and one famous female virtuoso/shredder.

um, ok. is that from the UN's population data?
Girlschool guitarists (Don't know their names), Avril Lavigne, Charlotte Hatherly (Of Ash), and then I'm lost
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
ashamed? come on, you just have to the opportunity to go out and rock! just practice a lot and become on of the best female guitarists, that's not too difficult
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Quote by jcthomasva
um, ok. is that from the UN's population data?

It's just an example. I mean, there are more male guitarists than females, so it's only natural that there'll be less brilliant female guitarists than there are brilliant male guitarists. But proportionally, it's probably the same.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
i know a female guitarest (massive tomboy) she is pretty good...
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin

Thanks man.
Quote by skydogzoso1986
ashamed? come on, you just have to the opportunity to go out and rock! just practice a lot and become on of the best female guitarists, that's not too difficult

well im trying iv owned a guitar for a year and have been getting lessons for a few months i dont think im bad but im not necessarily good either i guess ill go practice now

i think there are too many housewives in the world. lazy women who cant be ****ed to get of their fat arse and get a job. thats why there are no girls in rock and that is why there are no good female guitarists. i suggest we throw all the housewives into a giant pit pour petrol on them then burn them
Kaki King- Solo acoustic slap/tap guitarist

Melanie Campbell of burning brides is a pretty straight bass player
A warriors hand and a wizards mind to wield.
The VAST VAST majority of female musicians I know concentrate only on voice and/or piano, nothing else.

I hope someone gets offended in this thread!

OFFENDED!
Seriously, I saw on TV this one woman playing classical guitar and she blew me away. She was a master! And yes her speed was amazing.

esteban???

lol, JUS JOKING. he jus pisses me off and that was a chance to burn him.....
Member #17 of the Alter Bridge Fan club - PM Logz to join!

"Hey man, did you jus kill that guy?!?!"
"No, i jus shot him, the bullet killed him."
Quote by pratt121

I hope someone gets offended in this thread!

OFFENDED!

All these female guitarists need to get back in the kitchen and make me a pie.
its because 90% of girls want to be singers
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Page 1 of 2