okay so i have been listenin to this for a while and these guys are really good bt are dont get that much rcognition.Man you should hear the soaring vox of perry farell and the lovely guitar of dave navarro.Try not to flame except that not really any rules except....start posting!!!!!!!!.
i never got into them. dont like the vocals, Dave Navarro pisses me off as well. to each his own, but they're very much not for me.
Yeah, I love Janes Addiction, great band. Me favourite songs are probably Three Days, Stop, Been Caught Stealing and Ocean Size.
Great band. I really love them, crazy unique..
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I really liked Jane's Addiction, I have Nothing Shocking, Ritual Da Habitual, and Strays and I like most of their songs. I've noticed that if you listen to older Jane's Addiction and older Chili Peppers they sound similar, almost as if they could be the same band, except Jane's Addiction was more serious... and they wore womens underwear where as RHCP wore socks.
I really like them, they are one of my favorite bands. I absoutly love Farrel's vocals, they are so unique, yet they are not too weird so that the songs are unlistenable. I enjoy Navarro's style of soloing also.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Alucard II
i never got into them. dont like the vocals, Dave Navarro pisses me off as well. to each his own, but they're very much not for me.

Agreed. I hate Dave Navarro and I don't know why.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Quote by kryptonite22
I like True Nature. The rest is often a bit so-so. The lyrics are shocking.

Nothing's Shocking
2nd or 3rd favorite band.

Nothing's shocking is their best album IMO.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by Glen_Hansard
Agreed. I hate Dave Navarro and I don't know why.

Because he's currently banging Carmen Electra and you're not.

Some good songs are

Just Because- Strays
Strays- Strays
Had a Dad- Nothing Shocking
Been Caught Stealing- Ritual de lo Habitual
Ocean Size- Nothing Shocking
Last edited by Sick_Boy at May 31, 2006,
meh... they're pretty good but a tad "weird" for me... and I don't really like Dave Navarro because he's seemed like a little too much more of an actor than a guitarist from what I've seen...

EDIT: what I mean is I see him on TV a lot but rarely with a guitar (but he is pretty awesome on guitar and I LOVE One Hot Minute)
Quote by Sick_Boy
Because he's currently banging Carmen Electra and you're not.

I am, I just don't go on about it like he does.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
the whole nothing's shocking album to me is just great. theyre my #2 fave band , after the chilis.
I saw them in 2002 before they broke up....for the third time. They made some good music.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
dude definitely one of my top ten bands, i love Dave's tone.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.