HI,
i have recently perchased a gibson les paul double cut, its yellow and fantastic, just one problem, my low E, A and D strings all seem to rattle on the first fret.

I have fiddled around with the screws at the end by the pic ups(tune-o-matic???) but it seems to have mader no diffence and cut my finger.

Any suggestions to stop the rattling would be MUCH appreciated!!!! :-)
im no expert but from what i understand, u need to adjust the action by adjusting the saddles on the bridge
Adjusting the pickups won't do anything unless they're too high. Raise the bridge a bit by loosening the screws on the sides. If that doesn't work or you need to lift the action entirely too far, you may need a new nut. But don't fret (pun!), since they're only around $12 US
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
yea i tried, and cut my finger, but im afraid if i raise them any higher ill ruin the action.
If you're not sure what's going on, take it to a shop. They'll take a look at it for free, and if it's something simple you can fix it yourself. If it's something kinda complicated, have them do it. Cheaper to pay them than to screw up your guitar and need a new one.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
if it's first fret buzz, you'll need a new nut like the guy above said. If you were having problems further up the neck, I'd say raise the action.
Hi, I'm Peter
I would let someone look at it if you are getting cut trying to fix it.
the lesser known of the 4
No offense - it sound like you have no idea what you are doing and could really screw things up... bring it back to the place you bought... they are usually pretty cool about noodling with stuff you bought from them.

The problem could be:

A) bridge needs to come up a touch
B) Need a new nut because the nut slots have been filed down too far
C) the Neck's Truss rod needs to be tweaked.

Fret the string at the 12th fret and pluck the string in between the 12th fret and nut. If you get a freely ringing string (which I doubt you will form the sounds of it) your truss rod is fine and it is something else.

But usually it is a combo of those things... and a rookie adjusting a truss can spell doom. You have to give it an 1/8th of a turn and tune up... then let it sit for a few days until the nexk adjusts itslef before you adjust the truss rod some more... Most people think if they twist the truss rod a few times it will fix right then and there. Nothing could be further from the truth... you must make small adjustments and play the waiting game.

Hope that helps.
i supose it must be the nut then, thanks guys, ill buy a new one and get it fited, still play some InMe though!!!!!!!!
by the way - when trying to rasie the bridge... it is a REALLY good idea to loosen the strings... much esier... less blood